VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: Re: Memories of a Philadelphia Gino's

Author:
Phil (=))
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:12:33 07/11/07 Wed
In reply to: Gene Brockington 's message, "Memories of a Philadelphia Gino's" on 22:03:50 05/06/04 Thu

Hi Everyone. I never worked at a Gino's but I sure went to alot of them in the Philly area and have great memories and had great food.

The Gino's at Frankford & Linden with the Ginoland. I went to a birthday for a friend there. It was back in 1973 when I was 8, going through the rolling barrel was awesome.It rain earlier that day and there was some mud around the sliding board and my Mom bought me new pants for the occasion and when I went down the board,plop. Right into the mud. That located is now a Burger King.

Also, the Gino's at Torresdale & Cottman.The loop where the 56 trolley(when it was still a trolley) terminated. My Aunt,Uncle and cousins lived on the 7200 block of Gillespie St and it was back in the 70's. Two of my cousins and I would walk down there and always get a Gino's burger and fries. Talk about great memories.I'm not sure what is there now.

The Gino's at Frankford & Fanshawe. I attended church and Sunday school at Bishop Hoffman Church which was up on Frankford & Unruh and I would walk down after church just for a Gino Giant. When I was a little older in my teens back in the early 80's, I was friendly with the girl who worked the counter. Her named was Andrea,didn't know her last name,she was about my age at the time and I remember she was pretty with a nice smile and great personality.That Gino's closed in the fall of 1982,I was sad about that and never got Andrea's number, in 1983 they demolished it and put up a Pizza Hut which open in 1984 and is still there. Also up Frankford Ave was Irvin Green VW and Honda, which is now gone and there's a Commerce back on the corner now.

My one cousin who lived on Gillespie St in now living out in LA and I went out there to see her last September. We were talking about the Gino's at Torresdale & Cottman and how good the burgers and fries were and she said there is this chain just on the west coast where the food tasted almost like Gino's. She took me to a place called INN N OUT bugers and fries and let say, she was right, it did remind of Gino's. I still wish Gino's were still around.

PS: Andrea, if you are out there and read this,drop me a email and let me know how you are doing.Just put "Gino's" as the subject so I'll know its you. EaglesFan113@msn.com

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Memories of a Philadelphia Gino'sDave14:17:15 04/29/08 Tue

Re: Memories of a Philadelphia Gino'sShirley R. Ipfleman07:46:34 04/13/13 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.