VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: Re: Memories of a Philadelphia Gino's - Roxborough

Author:
Kathleen McDevitt Doyle
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:05:09 01/27/08 Sun
In reply to: Gene Brockington 's message, "Memories of a Philadelphia Gino's" on 22:03:50 05/06/04 Thu

What great memories! 1976 - turned 16 and my very first job was at the Gino's on Ridge Avenue in Roxborough. Did it all! Started out as a counter-girl, then came the HERO BURGER. They brought in all the new Hero tables (a.k.a. Disco platform at closing time)in the grill area. Huge investment for the company. Alot of hipe, then big flop. Rumor was someone got fired for that one! Remember the speed training? As a result I was moved back to the grill area and held the record for being the fastest Hero maker in the Roxborough store...sorry Jimmy Fogel! In 1977, right after HS graduation, I transferred to the Gino's on Wildwood NJ Boardwalk for the summertime fun and returned back home as the first female "Chicken-man" in our store (Wildwood trained) making top dollar - a whole $3.00 an hour. Man, those vats were heavy, but I didn't flinch or they would have taken me off the chicken. My size didn't fit the role. I continued to work there until 1981, despite the fact that I was employed full-time with a real job with benefits. So much fun, so many stories to tell and such great teenage memories!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Memories of a Philadelphia Gino's - Roxboroughbob pace08:56:48 02/01/09 Sun

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.