VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: Re: Gino's Newark DE and Prices Corner DE

Author:
Bruce Haase
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:19:17 03/30/09 Mon
In reply to: DAVE 's message, "Re: Gino's Newark DE and Prices Corner DE" on 09:30:47 03/25/09 Wed

George, when did you work at the Price's Corner store? I was employed at that store for 18 years. The last five as Roy Rogers. Dave Schmidt was our manager for a few years in the late 70's. When the store closed for conversion in late 1982, I was sent to Penny Hill for a month. Talk about deja vu. That store was a sister unit to Price's Corner. Price's Corner was the first Gino's built in Delaware. Still a fast food joint today (Boston Market). I collected and still have many of the trinket giveaways while there. And I even add things today from Ebay. I also still have the chicken pot that blew up on me. The edges were bent beyond use and it was thrown into storage. I claimed it when they clean out the attice one day. Oh, the memories, oh the burns!
Everyone I speak with now, and who remember Gino's, still long for the Gino Giant. While it appears to be a lively debate as to the make up of the giant sauce, it was always a source of contention, after a shift, of who had to clean and refill the darn tubes. I can't pick up a caulking gun today without thinking of my sandwich days.
I hope to hear from others at old PC.
Bruce
PS- Between Jack-In-The-Box and McKann's shoe store was a Roy Rogers. Curious, both franchises, long gone from Delaware, are both still around today and appear to be working back to the Mid-Atlantic area.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Gino's Newark DE and Prices Corner DEMichael Jopson11:35:44 01/14/11 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.