VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: Re: Memories of a Philadelphia Gino's

Author:
mike romolini
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:34:24 09/22/04 Wed
In reply to: Gene Brockington 's message, "Memories of a Philadelphia Gino's" on 22:03:50 05/06/04 Thu

Everybody-

I saw this site and my memory of that Gino Giant came back.I still think till this day that was the best fast food burger ever, with their special sauce.Also the KFC chicken back then really was finger licken good...

I LIVE IN COCOABEACH FLA. NOW. BUT IN 1972/73 I LIVED IN WEST PHILLY.I ATE AT THE ONE AT 63rd AND GIRARD.AT THE TIME 63RD ST.WAS A BORDER LINE THAT SEPERATED BLACKS FROM WHITES.ME BEING A WHITE BOY, AND LIVING ONLY A BLOCK AWAY, I TOOK MANY CHANCES GETTING JUMPED BY THE BLACK DUDES JUST TO EAT ONE.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THAT DAM BURGER WAS WORTH RISKING YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU WERE A KID.YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND IN THE 70'S WE HAD GANGS AND WOULD FIGHT DIFFERENT ETHNIC GANGS...

IT'S FUNNY I JUST TOLD THAT STORY JUST LAST WEEK.GUESS WHAT? NOBODY EVEN KNEW WHAT A GINO GIANT WAS IN THE SOUTH.ISN'T THAT A SHAME? OH WELL I'M GLAD I EXPIRENCED IT ALL...

YOU HAD TO WATCH IF A BLACK DUDE WAS COOKING THAT DAY YOU MIGHT FIND SPIT IN YOUR BURGER AND VICE VIRSA,IF A WHITE GUY SAW A BLACK DUDE AT THE COUNTER SAME THING.SO WE WOULD LIFT UP THE BUN AND PEEK IN THERE,IT WAS ROUTINE. SORRY TO GET SO GRAPHIC, BUT IT WAS TRUE.HELL THAT MADE IT EVEN MORE RISKIER TO GET ONE.SO YOU SEE HOW MUCH WE LOVED GINO'S BACK THEN.I WISH I COULD GET ONE NOW.
OH! THE GOOD OLD DAYS...

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES,
MIKE ROMOLINI
COCOABEACH,FLORDIA

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Memories of a Philadelphia Gino'sMark Harrell14:58:00 11/03/04 Wed

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.