VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]
Subject: Re: Gino's in Jersey City, N.J.

Author:
Ken K
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:29:10 07/22/09 Wed
In reply to: Matthew Amato 's message, "Gino's in Jersey City, N.J." on 11:09:55 02/04/09 Wed

Holy Cow!My first job in HS was at a Gino's in Edison NJ. I eventually moved up to become an assistant mgr at the Westside and Culver store in JC. That was around 1982-1983. Many fond memories of that store! Had a great crew!I was working the night the Hess tanks blew up in Newark Bay. Blew out half the windows in the restaurant. It was after closing, but I stayed all night to 'guard' the store. Nobody looted Gino's, but they looted the dry-cleaners next door and the supermarket across the street. Too bad for them, they missed out on getting some great food!By 1983 Gino's had already been bought by Marriott. It's a shame what happened. Gino's was an excellent company to work for. They treated their people great.We may never see the likes of them again, nor the great food.Too bad some good things have to end, because of corporate politics and greed for money. Both were Gino's end.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Gino's in Jersey City, N.J.neil cafiero10:58:43 11/16/09 Mon

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.