VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

Celtic Flame Irish Dance Costumer's Message Board
Irish Dance Costumer's Message Board
Welcome to the message board for the designers and makers of Irish Dance Costumes, Irish Dancers of all ages, and others interested in Irish Dance. Please feel free to ask questions and give advice often! Check out the FAQ for these topics: Puffy Headband Instructions 4 & 5 Panel Dress Instructions and Poll Zipper Poll
FAQ Link

Subject: Burda Vintage magazine

Author:
Kirsten
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, December 20, 07:07:28am

I just bought the Burda Vintage magazine and it has a pattern for a dropped waist dress in it. The waist looks more dropped than the Vogue pattern. It is a ballgown and sleeveless, but it may be a good starting point for some of us when you can get the magazine (I bought mine in Holland).

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Subject: FDTA Dresses

Author:
OP Teacher
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, December 19, 09:47:03am

Can anyone here recommend a DM that make dresses for FDTA dance schools?

Replies:

Subject: Business question

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, December 05, 04:51:09pm

Has anyone else found a small business consultation helpful? I've been hesitant to pay a consultant since this business is so niche, but that might not actually be relevant. Any thoughts?

Replies:

Subject: getting lipstick off a dress

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, December 04, 07:28:20am

its on sequins and on something else, kind looks like a cross between gabardine and poly shantung (it has slubs)

Replies:

Subject: Embroidery software -Generations Plus Automatic digitising home embroidery. For sale on ebay.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 11:27:10pm

If you have any questions please email me.
Jillian

Subject: Looking for a certain color

Author:
Searching
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, December 01, 10:27:17pm

Dancer has a certain color in mind for her next solo. She pointed out the bright blue LED light on an electronic device and said "that blue!"

Looking for a very very vivid bright royal blue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies:

Subject: Boys Vest with Side Zip

Author:
cmjackson (uber-novice)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, December 01, 08:37:34am

I am working on my first side-zip vest for my son. I altered a front-button pattern and am now attaching lining. I cannot figure out which parts I can stitch together with ride-sides together and still turn it right-side-out afterwards. Would hate to stitch too much and not be able to turn it or too little and end up with a lot more hand stitching than I need to do. Any insights? Really would appreciate some help - the plan is for him to wear it for his Oireactas solos on Friday! (Yes, I know I'm cutting it close. :} )

Replies:

Subject: Crystalling tulle

Author:
Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 30, 07:26:21pm

Hi dressmakers,
My mom just recently finished my latest dress just in time for the Oireachtas. It has an all sequin top and a tulle skirt, so to balance out the lack of sparkle on the bottom half, I have ordered 2 gross of ss34 crystals. I have done quite a bit of sparkling before, but never tulle.
The skirt is only 2 layers of tulle and has a satin underskirt.
My question is, how do you go about crystalling? Do you put something under the tulle to stop the glue from seeping? Should I aim to crystal one layer and not the other? I still want it to have a "free floating" look

Thanks

Replies:

Subject: What do you think?

Author:
Discuss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, November 28, 10:51:41am

Do you think it is ok for dressmakers to post photos of dancers on their website/Facebook that include dancers wearing dresses they did not make?
Personally I would never post photos of dancers in another designer's dress on my website, and if a customer sent me a photo of multiple dancers I would either crop out dresses that were not mine or not post the photo.
It was brought to my attention that a BNDM has a photo on Facebook that includes a dancer wearing one of my dresses. Someone commented about how all the amazing dresses were designed by this BNDM and the BNDM did not post a corrective comment saying that some are not the BNDM's dresses. I am annoyed.
What are your thoughts?

Replies:

Subject: Yippee all my Oireachtas orders are done! Anyone else feeling as exhausted as me?

Author:
Phew!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, November 24, 09:55:43pm

Replies:

Subject: I have wrote to Ann from taoknitter a few times n the last month and have had no response

Author:
anyone have any idea is something wrong (MF)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, November 24, 01:44:02pm

Replies:

Subject: Hi. Construction advise please.The new Gavin/Doire gorgeous 3 panel dresses, are they made with a traditional pleat (slightly bulky) or just a stiffened small panel stitched half way down edge to secure, I have not seen one close up enough to have a little look.

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, November 24, 07:15:21am

Replies:

Subject: So, got a new dress

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 23, 03:14:46pm

everything's fine, then a few weeks later had someone else take it apart to make some changes. Shouldn't the original dm pay that cost?

Replies:

Subject: Crease at waist

Author:
Jamie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 23, 12:55:30pm

Any suggestions on how to decrease an indent ion/fold/crease at the waistline? Once she dances the creases in the waist stat

Replies:

Subject: You think ID dresses are embellished? Check these out!

Author:
wow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 10:31:52pm

http://www.pinterest.com/source/lacollezionedianna.com/

Replies:

Subject: Paypal question...

Author:
wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, November 17, 01:51:37pm

I used my paypal mastercard to send a fed ex box and they didn't claim the money in time and it expired.
Anyone have this happen?
Wondering if they will invoice me or the customer to try and get paid.

Subject: Help with REMOVING fraycheck

Author:
Thank You
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 16, 07:05:47pm

Was going over embroidery with Fraycheck, when the tip of bottle fell off. Made a bit of a mess on the velvet.
Any suggestions on how or if it can be removed or saved, or do I need to re-embroider this rather intricate piece.

Replies:

Subject: Looking for ideas for a last minute team costume. Yes, sadly it is last minute... Any help would be appreciated. Just looking for skirt options. Will be wearing with a black leotard.

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 12:44:36pm

Any suggestions would be helpful. Any suggestions on shops or stores that might carry something? Or how to find a velvet skirt or something generic?

Replies:

Subject: Drawing programs

Author:
starting to get techie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 08:45:49am

Hi Ladies, I'm thinking of starting a few tutorials to learn the basics of computer aided design/drawing. Asking for your thoughts on which programs you think are best for what we do. Adobe Illustrator or Corel? Essentially they are the same principals but curious to any input you may have from your experience. Thanks for anything you can offer.

Subject: Does anyone have a 3/4-1 yard of the purple crystal satin from syfabrics? Their website is down, tried emailing with no response, and the phone number I found online isn't being answered. I just don't have quite enough. I'd like to pay for express shipping if anyone has it.

Author:
Thanks.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, November 08, 04:23:09pm

Replies:

Subject: I have some pretty fabric to sell if interested email for pics...

Author:
tvc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, November 07, 03:58:58pm

Both are that slinky fabric with glitter designs.
One is black with red and the other is gold with tiny rainbow color flecks. They are pretty, but I have too much.
Available, 3 yrds of the red
and 5 yrds of the gold.
It can be used for appliques, or parts of a design.
5.00 per yrd.
Thanks!

Replies:

Subject: design and embroidery software question

Author:
bg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, November 06, 10:08:48am

in the rising star video posted Oct 16, it shows a computer program for design and I believe digitizing. Does anyone know which program this is? Is it Wilcom?

Replies:

Subject: Need suggestions-- I have a sequined dress with double the Pellon to sew threw. I can get the needle through but it will not grab a bobbin thread any suggestions?

Author:
PLEASE HELP ME! :(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 08:11:42am

Replies:

Subject: THere was a post a few months ago asking about the new Gavin 3 panels. I got a look at one at a feis this weekend on the used dress rack.

Author:
dressmaker wannabe in Ohio
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 07:11:34am

There is no frame or ruffled underskirt underneath. The panels are not pleated like the old 3 panel dresses. Each of the three front panel sections is a separate panel and the two parts that look like the inside fold of the pleat (what we used to call the "flash lining") are also just separate stiffened panels. So there are really just 5 flaps attached at the waist, with the larger panel flaps overlapping the two smaller flaps. The overlaps are sewn down about 2-3 inches. All 5 flaps are so rigid yet lightweight, I swear they are using a stiff plastic (like you make quilting templates from) instead of pellon or Vilene. The back of the skirt is made like a traditional school dress skirt with 4 pleated sections. The front and back are joined by topstitching the edge of the side front panel to the skirt back.

My DD claims this pattern would be super easy to dance in.

Replies:

Subject: looking for dressmaker to alter a dress in the NYC area, anybody have any leads?

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, November 03, 11:20:28am

Subject: I'm curious if anyone has been asked to do an "Anna" inspired dress. My friend's daughter has Frozen on and I can easily picture an Irish dress based on that character.

Author:
mp
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, November 01, 04:55:05pm

Replies:

Subject: In Bernina vs 7 is there a way to change how the special satin stitch splits? I want to set it wider...

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 30, 09:20:49pm

Replies:

Subject: Just thought I'd pass this bit of info on. I called Eclectic Products, which makes the E6000, and asked them if the product with the red circle on the package that says "Best for Creating" is different from the one with the silver circle that says "Automotive and Industrial".

Author:
Sonia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 30, 10:55:40am

The answer is that they are exactly the same formulation, only the Automotive and Industrial is thicker. The bonding properties and the formulation of the adhesive are the same. Also the one sold for beading is the same product, just sold in a tube with a smaller nozzle suitable for working with beads.
Just thought I'd pass that along.

Replies:

Subject: Does anyone know what the fabric is that rising star use to make some of their bodices? not velvet or a satin it's got no sheen and looks to have a visible weave? help would be greatly appreciated!

Author:
dressmaker bristop uk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 09:04:47am

Replies:

Subject: Has anyone had trouble accessing dance.net today? I am getting an "access denied: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)" message.

Author:
LynnToledo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 27, 10:40:10pm

Replies:

Subject: Satin stitch width?

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, October 26, 09:28:47am

I've been looking at a lot of dresses, and dressmakers seem to use a huge variation in satin stitch widths. Do the super wide 8-9mm satin stitches hold up ok, or do they pull like crazy? I like how smooth they look but don't want to waste all that time embroidering something that doesn't wear well!

Replies:

Subject: Does anyone know where to get a nice crisp tulle?

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 25, 10:44:54am

Replies:

Subject: Skirt question

Author:
Just curious what others are doing
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 25, 08:28:47am

Are people still doing skirts in a rectangular shape? If so, approximately how long a length are you using? I've noticed some really nice full skirts recently and wondering if they aren't maybe cutting out in a semi full circle? I can't seem to make mine as full with a rectangle and I'm cutting approximately 60-65 inch lengths. Should it be more?

Replies:

Subject: In case anyone needs a professional hotfix tool

Author:
on eBay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 23, 10:34:01am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281470179605?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Subject: In september I posted asking about where to go in the NY garment district....just got back...all I can say is WOW!!

Author:
dc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 03:22:45pm

I had 2 1/2 hrs....not nearly enough time to just look around...no set projects in mind (Of course I got an emergency order for a tiny solo the day AFTER I got home from my trip!!) I was able to just take in the shops, see what they offer and buy a few fun things....it was incredible. If you ever get a chance to spend an afternoon there, do it. And yes, I was able to get a MOOD bag...bought myself a wool/cashmere blend to make a coat - a last minute splurge and so worth it. Thanks MJ for the suggestions on where to go!

Subject: Do any of you girls still use a regular machine for satin stiching?.....

Author:
more
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 02:51:02pm

I would love to get an embroidery machine, but they are so expensive and I dont know where to start. Do you have them financed? Buy local? What do you use and how do you know what to look for. Im not a beginner. What is good but least expensive..thanks!

Replies:

Subject: what type of facing would you use for a tie? Mine is very thin but seems to make the tie 'hard' - if that makes sense?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 10:17:44am

Replies:

Subject: Hi LadiesI've noticed on the promo videos recentely released from a couple of the BNDM's that they have a topper on their embroidery that almost looks like backing. I usually just use the clear plastic solvy on top when needed. Is there a different reason why they might be using this? Just curious.

Author:
Lovely to see behind the scenes :-)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 20, 08:36:24am

Replies:

Subject: Has anyone else's iron melted itself or is that something that happens to just me?

Author:
2nd time in 5 years
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 18, 02:59:34pm

Replies:

Subject: I've had this box of needles in a drawer in my sewing room for ages. They were the wrong ones and I didn't figure it out until I'd used two. If anyone wants these, I'll send them to you for the cost of the postage. They are round, no flat side.

Author:
Sonia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 16, 01:32:46pm

The box says Madeira Prazisions Sticknadem D-79188. (That might be 79108, number is obscured.) 90/#14/R-SES. Chromium. There are about 98 in the box. Hopefully someone can use them!

Subject: Anyone know of a US source for Vilene? I can only find UK stores. Or is there a comparable Pellon product

Author:
MJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 04:54:32pm

Replies:

Subject: Just curious...CS has a lot of heavy duty embroidery on their dresses. Why wouldn't they save machine time and do appliques? Beautiful dresses, but they must take ages to finish. Maybe it's just so they don't have to cut appliques..

Author:
who knows, just a random thought
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 10:00:59am

Replies:

Subject: does anyone have a current coupon code for dreamtime creations?

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 13, 01:57:14pm

Replies:

Subject: Does anyone know where I can purchase a black micro velvet?

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 13, 09:31:33am

Replies:

Subject: I am writing to ask you to pass on the following link to your customers. An Irish Dance family from Buffalo has lost their home and all of their belongings to a fire. They are good and generous people with 7 children. Two of the children are disabled and in wheelchairs. The mom is currently having some serious health issues and the family needs help. see inside

Author:
count your blessings
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 09, 12:26:45pm

If anyone would like to make a donation, it would be greatly appreciated. There is a link below that can be used for donations. Thank you for helping to spread the word. Please keep the Siwirski family in your prayers.
http://www.gofundme.com/fm8lds

Subject: Tulle skirt question

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 09, 09:34:25am

I am having a seamstress remove the skirt on my dd's dress and replace it with a few layers of tulle, backed with heavy satin and trimmed with the original sequin fabric. What type of tulle/netting works best for this and were would I find it? Thanks for any and all help!

Subject: irish dance themed wedding

Author:
Kerry F
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 09, 05:04:35am

Stirling Television are looking for IRISH DANCE themed wedding acts to feature in an upcoming documentary series... Will you walk down the Aisle to the strains of a Céilí band? Will your first dance be a jig? Will your wedding attire have an Irish dance theme? if you are or know anyone who is can you please get in touch...

Replies:

Subject: need some help

Author:
dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 06, 08:15:12pm

Hello I am trying to do a pleated skirt do any of you use stiffner in the skirt? Its a poplin dress with 2 tier pleated satin skirt . It kind droops.I have made ruffle skirts and had no problem. But the pleats are getting to me... any ideas on what it might need?

Replies:

Subject: the school that I used to sew for is looking for a new dressmaker for school costumes -- anyone taking on new schools?? They are located in Portland, OR. If you want more info, I can put you in touch with the school

Author:
Alison Thrasher
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, October 05, 10:32:10pm

Subject: Has anyone moved their sewing room out of their house? I would really love to hear your experiences before making the jump myself. Feel free to email me if you don't want to post here

Author:
JBD (blackerby)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 04, 01:33:23pm

Replies:

Subject: Anyone know where I can get emerald green sparkle satin

Author:
Marie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, October 03, 02:23:21pm

Replies:

Subject: Does anyone else look at the big name dresses and wonder if they're using a hoop wider than 14"? I can tell some are pieced, but some don't appear to be...are they rehooping?

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 28, 03:03:27pm

Replies:

Subject: joining dress - how do you join you top and skirt in your solo dresses? I usually embroider the bottom of the bodice. Can seem to work out how the BNDM just to a hem? Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. i think I am making hard work for myself

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 25, 09:53:52am

Replies:

Subject: Has anyone ever run jacket backs in the xpanto? Thinking it may be easier to cram in 3 at a time than switch to hoops?

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 12:50:07pm

Subject: Does anyone know of a source for kelly green fish scale sequin fabric?

Author:
only need maybe half yard.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 22, 07:36:34pm

Replies:

Subject: Fabric for sale

Author:
Kira
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 20, 11:49:33am

Cleaning out my sewing room, most of the stuff isn't Irish dance related but there is most of a 10yd roll of sticky back stabilizer that might interest someone.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kirations/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Replies:

Subject: For thos of you making dresses for the midwest US region's U8and U9 dancers:

Author:
SNDM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 18, 01:43:50pm

Have any of you gotten clarification from the IDTAMA about crocheted collars and cuffs. I would love to add these traditional items to a dress I'm designing but emails to the IDTAMA haven't gotten a response. Are crocheted collars and cuffs OK or do they fall into the embellishment category along with the less traditional bows and feathers?

Replies:

Subject: For those who use an art program to create your design.

Author:
going hi-tech??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 15, 04:47:41pm

Do you find it speeds up your "design to digitizing" process? I currently draw the old fashioned way, pencil and paper, then mark a reference point for size and start digitizing from scratch. Curious if a finished vector drawing would speed up the whole design process at all.

Any thoughts appreciated :)

Subject: Urgent question about paypal (inside)

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 13, 07:23:56pm

I have a custom dress ready to ship. She said she sent the balance via paypal, I didn't receive anything, email or in my account. She called paypal (I know paypal has had issues lately) they said the transaction wasn't completed and to send another. She did. Said "its waiting for me to accept" but there's nothing in my account, and I can't find anything to accept either. Everything in me is screaming suspicious but she hasn't asked me to ship without payment. Does anybody know whats going on?

Replies:

Subject: So, we call ourselves small dressmakers or small name dressmakers as opposed to the big name dressmakers. The "small" moniker rubs me the wrong way. We work just as hard as the bn dressmakers, maybe even harder. I know that I am not the only one who creates superior dresses in terms of workmanship, neatness and alterability, so I think we need a better name. "Solo" dressmaker (as in 1 person) could be confusing; "lone" dressmaker sounds lonely and uni-bomberish...what else could work?

Author:
dressmaker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 12, 02:24:56pm

Replies:

Subject: screaming

Author:
MJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 04:34:40pm

OK I have to rant a little so bear with me. I made a dress for a client 2 years ago. She wore it to Oireachtas 2012. I altered it after that and she wore for the St Pat's season. Let it out again afterwards (obviously this child has been eating something). When that didn't please the teacher I agree to start over and make a new dress and try to sell the first one. I took it to over 20 competitions to try to sell and in the meantime dancer buys another dress(used, probably from someone in the school). I thought she would then wait to have me make a new one...fine. The she tries to get me to make a new dress for another dancer in place of her????? and today the teacher emails me asking me to refund the $ for the first dress (now unsaleable for many reasons).I said H--- NO!! to which she replied that I am unprofessional and she has never seen anything like this. Well.... neither have I. I did everything that they asked and was never really given a chance to make it right. Am I out of line?

Replies:

Subject: I am going to have 1 morning to hit fabric stores in NYC....where should I go to?

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 05:20:54pm

Replies:

Subject: E6000

Author:
Terry McLaughlin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 08, 10:22:41am

Anyone had any experience with E6000 since they changed the formula? I heard that it eats off the foil backing of rhinestones. Thanks

Replies:

Subject: Commercial embroidery machines.

Author:
J
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 05, 04:17:41pm

I was looking at the commercial machines and they come in different amount of needles. Is each needle for a different color of thread? What if you only use one color for embroidery? How does it work? You remove the rest of the needles?

What wold be the amount of needles you really need for making dresses.

Forgive me if this is a silly question but I don't know anything about the embroidery machines. Just trying to research.

Replies:

Subject: I've just realized my xpanto hoop in my bernina software is set to 39" wide and it won't let me set it any wider. Does anybodyknow how to fix this? Its vs 7

Author:
sndm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 04, 11:36:17am

Replies:

Subject: Does anyone know of a larger hoop available for a Bravo Embroidery machine? Largest the owner currently has is approximately 14" x 12". Curious if there's any larger hoops compatible with this machine.

Author:
aprreciate your input :)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 10:35:10pm

Subject: Does anyone have Sy fabrics Fuchsia crystal satin...about a yard?

Author:
Stacy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 02, 11:32:50am

Subject: Anyone have a link to a source for twinkle satin?

Author:
or what other names is it called??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 23, 11:03:11am

Replies:

Subject: I'm looking for recommendations for a dressmaker who would be willing to make a dress for a plus sized adult dancer with a small budget who lives in Ireland. The dress is needed by early October

Author:
Thank you all
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 22, 03:43:04pm

Dress just needs to be simple, but stylish. It doesn't need to be all bling (dancer is well over 21 ;) ), just well made and easy to dance in. All suggestions greatfully recieved and thanks in advance

Replies:

Subject: Need to let out bodice. What is best way to do it without changing the shape of the dress- side seams, zip , darts?

Author:
TIA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 02:39:37pm

Replies:

Subject: Just wondering if you helpful ladies know how to get pink tailors chalk marks off white satin. A small child visited and has marked the back of a dress I'm making. Didnt see the mark until I'd ironed over it. Worried I've set it into the fabric.

Author:
Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 11:36:15pm

Replies:

Subject: Budget School dress

Author:
LynnToledo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, August 14, 08:00:07am

Is it possible to make a school dress that costs around $75? I'm thinking a princess seamed dress with a contrast bottom band and a small motif on the bodice out of poly-poplin.

Replies:

Subject: Wondering if anyone has any of this red holo sequin lying around they would be willing to part with. I don't need a lot (even scraps would do) as I just want to use it for appliqué. Let me know.

Author:
Thanks.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 12:19:09pm

http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/10473

Replies:

Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.