|Subject: There is a post on the Mid-America voy board (http://www.voy.com/33031/) about new rules for solo dresses for U8 dancers for the Oireachtas. Has anyone here heard this? (inside)|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: Saturday, June 25, 08:04:17am
From a post there:
"Rule applies to socks, shoes, dresses and hairpieces.
No animal prints
No floral prints
If embroidery, traditional only
No applicay's (sp?)
No Reflective Fabrics
Dresses can be solo's, but must adhere to above rules.
Dancers whose dresses do not meet the rules, will not be allowed to dance.
At this time, it for U8 only at Oireachtas (in Mid-americaregion) does not apply to feiseanna."
Some are stating that the rule will follow the U8s, so that next year it will be U8 and U9, and so on in following years.
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Sorry, I forgot there's not an "inside" when creating a new post. (NT) -- ., Saturday, June 25, 08:24:51am
- I doubt that it's Official because thay can't spell applique. Also, it said it's to keep the costs down. It also states no animal or floral prints. What would that have ot do with the costs? (NT) -- Wait for Official word, Saturday, June 25, 01:21:06pm
- This was discussed at the teacher meeting at Nat's last year -- cr, Saturday, June 25, 04:07:16pm
- a joke (NT) -- NT, Sunday, June 26, 10:18:06am
- What happens if that's what you already have and have been wearing all along? (NT) -- curious how they can enforce this one, Sunday, June 26, 11:38:45am
- By the way, there are animal prints all over the Book of Kells. Animals are very much a celtic theme! (NT) -- so there!, Sunday, June 26, 12:43:34pm
- Yes it is true. I had a customer in that (NT) -- region, Monday, June 27, 01:01:22pm
- If this is tomake solo's less expensive, it's not working. Gabardine isn't cheaper than twinkle satin and "Book of Kells"embroidery/applique is a lot more work than having repetitive designs from an embroidery machine. And no hand down solo from big sister or a second hand one. What to do for all those parents with expensive unsalable dresses? Put them under the bed? -- dm, Tuesday, June 28, 12:23:41pm
- Is Satin considered a reflective fabric? (NT) -- No name, Wednesday, July 20, 06:28:21am