VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]
Subject: Trying to figure out the BNDM skirt construction.

Author:
keep trying
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 08:16:43am

Currently my skirt construction works fine for me and any of the small dresses I make. It has a definite side seam placed at the side that lines up with the side seam of the bodice. While it's working fine for the "no bum" little dancers, I'm finding it just sits too flat at the back for anyone aged 12/13 and up. There's just not enough swing/flow.

I'm trying to figure out the construction of the BNDM skirts that have their seams hidden about an inch in front of the actual side seam of the bodice. Has anyone figured out a formula they may be willing to share? Something like: Divide the dropped waist by 2, subtract 2 inches from the front panel and perhaps add 4 inches to the back panel. I can see it under the skirt no problem, just having a tough time getting it right.

Any help appreciated, if anyone is willing to share.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Mary Horton sells a pattern. Email her at (see email addy) (NT)BJTuesday, January 28, 05:43:52pm

I cut each skirt to fit the individual measurements. After a while you just get a feel for what will look right. I don't have a formula, but the front skirt is always less than half the total, much less on larger dancers. (NT)Sorry no formula for everyoneWednesday, January 29, 03:11:12pm

I divide the waist measurement by 4 and then subtract 1" and make the skirt front pattern to that measurement and cut on the fold. I use the same pattern but add 3" to the centre back: 1" for the seam & 2"to make up for the inch taken off. This moves the side seam 1"to the back and makes the back 4"wider than the front. (NT)Similar to BNSaturday, February 01, 08:35:42pm

I have always used the point of the hip bone as the marker for where the pleat should fall - measure from the side-seam to the point of hip and that's how much less off the front/more to the back you could go. I've found it tends to allow the front panel to lie flat on most body types. (NT)former SNDMTuesday, February 04, 10:09:06am

Pls break the code bndm & sndm? (NT)MarySunday, April 20, 01:23:58am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.