VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]
Subject: I have used Tegaderm on several dresses. I used it in the areas you mentioned, just where the sequins may rub on another more delicate part of the dress. I have never had to replace it so I don't know how it may affect the sequins if removed. I put it on the brand new dress and sell the dress with it still in place. It has never lifted or curled on the edges so I have had no reason to remove it. More..

Author:
Aussie Mum
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 05:49:51pm
In reply to: Thanks 's message, "Using Tagaderm (transparent high gloss surgical wound covering) on bodice" on Tuesday, May 20, 11:27:38am

I have also used tulle and that worked as well. The dress I did this on was a full sequin bodice with delicate white lacey/chiffon sleeves. On this dress, the area to be covered was too large for Tegaderm, so I hand sewed fine white tulle down the inside edge of the sleeves from underarm to cuff. It was invisible once on and did the job perfectly. I also left it on when I sold the dress. It was easy to tack it on with large'ish stitches.

So I would use Tegaderm for smaller areas and Tulle for larger areas.

Hope that helps.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.