VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Piggy backing off this, I spent years figuring out how to achieve the "look" (and watched in admiration as other SNDM's did the same - you ladies are an inspiration!), and now that I feel that I have a good grasp on it I'm still expected to undercut the BNDM by at least 1000.00.

Author:
Also raising prices next year
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, November 22, 11:15:08pm
In reply to: That's all part of the problem! 's message, "But, if I can say this without causing offence, I expect you still want a dress that has the right "look", right fabrics and colours and embroidery to look just like a BNDM dress, but much better made and better fitted, and at a much lower price! And did you send BNDM dress photos to your SNDM dressmaker for "inspiration", requesting a similar looking dress at the much lower price, delivered on time, with no need for alterations?" on Friday, November 22, 05:32:12pm

I do have less overhead than the BNDM, but 1000.00 per dress less? The math doesn't add up, from any angle. Same amount of embroidery, same type/number of crystals, same fabrics, same construction (but cleaner/prettier, and customized to the dancers preferences), custom fit AND lots of customer input on the design... And easy 60 hours per dress, including email/designs/fittings/tweaks/fabric hunting/etc. Stitch counts well over 300,000. $400+ in materials (including crystals).... I have come to sincerely respect BNDM's prices.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
No, I'm actually what I hope is a pretty reasonable customer. Are there looks that inspire the dress design dd and I want, of course, but I've never demanded anything of the SNDM that I've worked with. Have collaborated on 2 dresses with fabulous results. Not all customers are as demanding as you describe. (NT)~KrisSaturday, November 23, 10:44:50am

I would say 80% of clients are a real pleasure to work with, 15% are just very nervous about spending so much money on a dress (often for the first time; we've all been there once) and just need to be gently helped through the process, and it is the remaining 5% or less that cause the heartaches and problems with their unreasonable demands, and make me wonder if it is really worthwhile continuing in this business. Unfortunately, I'm only human and so those are the ones I remember the longest! (NT).Sunday, November 24, 02:53:13pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.