VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Please read inside. I am so discouraged.

Author:
I am sooooo done.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, January 05, 08:41:14pm

I think I've finally reached the point where I'm going to stop making dresses. This year has been the worst I have ever experienced with unreasonable clients. The tipping point has come over this weekend with a teacher hounding me while I was on vacation because her daughter's dress was stuck at a postal outlet and that I should interupt my vacation to deal with it (which I did because I care, even though there was nothing that could be done on my end). What I could possibly do I have no idea but was told that if they did not receive the dress in time for the competion on Saturday then they had no use for the dress and would return it. And to top it off I've just received an email from a client for whom I made a dress, who wore it to their Oireachtas and other competitions, who qualified for World's in it and all of a sudden it's poorly made and doesn't fit right and the client acually wants to return the dress to me and give her a 75 percent refund. Am I crazy to think that this is outrageously ridiculous.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
I know the feeling! And then those same people order their next dress from Gavin and don't say boo when it doesn't fit, doesn't arrive on time, isn't what they asked for, stitching coming out, etc. Soon all these people will have no options other than BNDM. (NT)Agree with you.Sunday, January 05, 10:36:59pm

The dishonesty is running rampant! Wear the dress and THEN complain?!? Even teachers have gotten into the lying game. I wish there was some way to unite and organize ourselves. The BNs do seem to get away with murder. Depressing and frustrating. (NT)**Sunday, January 05, 10:41:27pm

It seems like the unreasonable clients (admitedly a small percentage) are trying to extract more and more for less and less money, with more hassle, more emails demanding answers and changes, more finicky fitting requests. Yet the same people will order a BNDM dress and just accept whatever colour, design, size dress they are sent! (NT)Also rethinking whether to continue custom dressesMonday, January 06, 03:05:17am

I had some clients a few months ago threaten to take me to court, report me to BBB and slander my name to the ID world online if I didn't give them a refund for their "horrible" dresses. I offered to fix them or give money towards alterations and they didn't contact me for a year. Bunch a bologny! My contract isn't very nice, but I'm also sick of trouble some customers. (NT)just getting a decent reputation. can't stop now.Monday, January 06, 09:17:11pm

We need to start a secret blacklist. Just kidding. Kind of. (NT).Tuesday, January 07, 08:45:13am

There is a way to post a file (ie to a cloud) and make it accessible only to those with a certain password. My son was telling me about it... (NT)bgTuesday, January 07, 11:24:13am

How much do you charge for a deposit? (NT)Half? I would.Tuesday, January 07, 12:45:06pm

I charge $300 deposit. I might go up, half isn't a bad idea. I also state in my contract custom work is non refundable (learned the hard way...) and any alterations will cost extra unless agreed upon at delivery. ie: I know its not right. (NT)sm dmTuesday, January 07, 01:01:00pm

I have been there--vilified on message boards and basically "blacklisted"--thinking it was another dressmaker involved--so my solution was to completely back out of this and only do for my own or girls I WANT to create for--much happier .... (NT)admTuesday, January 07, 03:36:23pm

I am so sorry you've been put in this horrible situation. (more)Been thereFriday, January 10, 09:41:41am

Wow! I am a "retired" DM and this is definately not a new issue--even the blacklist idea, haha. Have a solid contract and stick by it. Unfortunately, pita customers are very much part of the business. Contracts can be a huge help! (NT)KelleyTuesday, January 21, 12:33:38pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.