VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: Has anybody converted a bubble skirt to a soft skirt?

Author:
thanks for your feedback
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, January 10, 08:44:59pm

I noticed a beautiful bubble skirt style dress in my DD's size that they are practically giving away. I love the bubble style but TC does not & she is also worried about re-sale for us. The embroidery on the bodice & the skirt is so pretty. Can a bubble skirt be converted to a soft skirt. I have minimal sewing skills but enough to realize something that sounds easy really is not. If anybody has done this what would you charge? I am just trying to decide if we should strongly consider this dress.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Yes, I've done this, but it was a single layer Gavin bubble skirt with stiffened underpanels. It was a lot of work, but was very successful in the end (NT)and kept all the pretty skirt embroidery.Saturday, January 11, 01:13:45am

I did it with one of my own bubble skirts. It wasn't very hard, but it is basically a skirt remake with the same fabric. Can you post a link to it? (NT)sndmSaturday, January 11, 01:06:32pm

Yes it can be done and the result can be beautiful. Just be sure you know what you are doing or bring it to someone who knows what they are doing. I've seen results that have turned out to be an absolute mess. (NT)Good luckSunday, January 19, 12:49:56pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.