VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: Client problem has escalated

Author:
anonymous
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, August 03, 11:45:09am

Lots of communication through design/construction process. Shipped dresses expecting clients to like them. They were not satisfied. I asked for pictures and offered to fix them or give $200 for alterations. Over one year later they contact me asking for $600 for someone they know to alter them or full refund and threaten to sue me and flame my reputation. Has anyone else dealt with this? What did you do? If you havenít, what would you do?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
You offered to alter and customer declined. They have dresses for over a year so the dresses are theirs. They can sell them if they like.You did your partSaturday, August 03, 04:03:48pm

Have they worn the dresses more than once? If only once, perhaps the problems showed up then, and might be expected to be fixed after one wearing (though I would agree a year later is pretty unreasonable). If they've worn them more than once, I would have thought you had no further responsibility to fix any problems. (NT)Just my opinionSaturday, August 03, 04:16:05pm

Never wornAuthorSaturday, August 03, 04:24:23pm

I think it is unreasonable to come back a year later, unless previously agreed. Issues should be discussed immediately, and settled in a timely manner. If they let it go so long it probably isn't you're responsibility. Frankly, you don't know what has or hasn't happened in the past year. I am curious about their critiques, I gather it was a difference in opinion on finishing techniques and/or underskirt construction? (NT)Perhaps they hadn't seen your dreses up close and were surprised?Saturday, August 03, 04:43:25pm

We had an in person fitting the week before, they saw the dresses partially constructed.AuthorSaturday, August 03, 04:50:44pm

Dresses were altered, they sent me a picture with pins in one dress (NT)AuthorSaturday, August 03, 04:52:17pm

$600 to alter a dress is ridiculous regardless. Wow, wow, wow. Can you find out who's doing the alteration and contact them to discuss? It's customer's like this that make me want to stop making dresses. (NT)xxSaturday, August 03, 07:04:46pm

I thought it must be a whole lot of school dresses, not just two. Hard as this may seem, personally I would just take the dresses back and resell them, to move on and avoid further problems. I wouldn't want to have to fight, even though you seem to be in the right and it should be their problem now, not yours. (NT)Just what I'd do. Good LuckSaturday, August 03, 07:37:04pm

did you have a signed contract with this person? (NT)id momSunday, August 04, 07:41:07am

My advice - your reputation will carry you through anything. Let this woman's fire die out on its own. Forward her any correspondence offering to resolve the issue from a year ago, and then let it be. Any potential client coming to me blasting a dressmaker from the get go speaks volumes, and is not likely someone I would want to take on. I'm sorry you are going through this - think about the many customers you have made happy and focus on that. (NT)Good LuckMonday, August 05, 11:39:51pm

I had a customer purchase a dress that they loved. I made significant adjustments. mom said it fit really well. the tc didn't like it. claimed that it was too stiff and the dancer would not place in prelim wearing the dress. The dress was sent back to me and I helped sell the dress. sent the original customer her $$. the dress has had 2 owners, both placed in prelim wearing the dress. the most recent owner has qualified for champs and recalled at the oireachtas while wearing the dress. (NT)3rd owner placing wellThursday, August 08, 01:58:12pm

uk: sale of goods act 1979 (NT)--Friday, November 15, 10:54:14am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.