VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Subject: Hi ladies. I am making a solo for a very large 10 year old. chest chest 39, waist 37.5, dropped waist 40. They came for a fitting last week and it does nothing for her as she is just so big. Obviously you want your dresses to look their best, with a youngster of these proportions, would you go slightly longer or shooter than usual.

Author:
Sndm
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, October 17, 03:24:04pm

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Whoops! That should read shorter. (NT)SndmThursday, October 17, 04:13:09pm

I would go shorter with a bit of a longer skirt. Play with the proportion of bodice to skirt to see what balances best. When my daughter was young, she was like this, so I use darker colors on the sides of the torso, a long central design down the middle, and no belt. Good luck. (NT)*Thursday, October 17, 05:51:23pm

elongate the bodice---not the skirt. Dark sides to the bodice, nice 'V' at the front dw. (NT)bgFriday, October 18, 07:20:56am

I just finished one also. 2/3 bodice 1/3 skirt. Dark on top, white skirt. deep "V" pattern on bodice and design on skirt, used a belt to cover some of the skirt in bodice color but gemmed. Make sure the skirt is well shaped, brings in the waist. She got nothing but compliments at the feis! (NT)NCFriday, October 18, 11:36:55am

I used normal proportions a similar dress - 2/3 to 1/3, with the finished length about mid thigh so she didn't look swaddled in fabric. You might consider a solid color dress with a split skirt and a bright color peeking out the bottom. I was careful not to make the skirt too wide across the front, and watch the side angles too. Dresses on thicker dancers can easily end up very bottom heavy, and it isn't flattering at all! Balance is absolutely key. (NT)good luck!Saturday, October 19, 08:32:02am

I often ask for pics of the dancer in form fitting clothes. You can then draw on the pic (in paint etc) to see what proportions and angles look best. (NT)bgSunday, October 20, 07:49:28am

From the measurements you posted, it seems that this girl has some waist shaping. So the most flattering may be a more pronounced V shape for the bottom of the bodice. (NT)Sometimes a curved V looks better.Saturday, October 26, 08:25:17am

Make the skirt the same length as anyone else the same height. The bodice length will be longer due to the angle of the body. Measure from the shoulder over the tummy to the point where the skirt will be attached. (NT)Simple mathWednesday, October 30, 10:55:18pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.