VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Thoughts on pricing for crystals.

Author:
blinged out
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, October 03, 04:13:32pm

So the norm has been to simply charge double the cost of each individual crystal when pricing for crystals. With all the new styles, heavily embroidered and FULL of crystals the cost of crystalizing a dress just seems like such a shock to clients when they get their dress quote.

It appears that most are asking for this type of dress but because it's a SNDM creating the dress, it's supposed to cost a fraction of what they'd pay elsewhere. Is anyone else having these issues?

Any suggestions for softening the blow of crystal costs for the clients? Getting fed up with taking the time to crystalize a dress with little to no compensation.....open to suggestions and other points of view :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
I estimated how long it takes me to place crystals per hour and worked out a flat rate per gross based on that. Colors/AB are a bit more than clear. Big stones I charge per stone + .75. I either give the client a quote before stones and ask how much they want to spend, or give them an idea of how many gross they can add and stay within budget. It works ok, most people decide they can live with less crystals. (NT)Still having a hard time charging for heavy embroidery though...Sunday, October 04, 09:08:53am

I do much the same, but I offer customers three price options for different levels of bling, and then work with the dress design to give the best effect for the price they choose to pay. (NT)Everyone is happy!Sunday, October 04, 06:03:46pm

I hate gluing crystals on embroidery that I spent hours trying to make look perfect! (NT)meSunday, October 04, 07:10:51pm

Thanks for all the input ladies, lots to think about!! (NT)blinged outTuesday, October 06, 07:40:00am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.