VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Update on thedesign used without permission!

Author:
sndm
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, March 21, 08:00:55am

Today I received an email after I send an invoice, two weeks ago.
This is the answer the TC client gives for using the design:
Dear Madam,

To answer some of the items that you have brought up below.

1. The vision of the dress was mine, i have not stolen what i requested. The dress was drawn by yourself with my creative input it was by no means all your own vision. So when i go to another dress maker and request a new dress with the same ideas, this does not mean i stole from you, just that the new dress maker is making what i asked for. I have all emails containing all my original requests.

you can not under any stretch of the imagination think you designed the following , as exclusive works of yourself.

The neck, which is used by nearly every dance school in Irish dance at some point in time.
sleeves, these are also not exclusive to the design
cuffs, also used throughout Irish dance
Skirt, which i must add, the skirt on my new dress is not a princess line but in fact a separate skirt to the top.
Shawl, we do not have one. instead we have a custom made Crest of the School of dancing.
Lining, is pink which also was not part of the original draft.

2. I did not ask for a mock up dress to be made. In all the years that we conducted business i never request a mock up dress. This was entirely your decision and when i questioned your daughter about the logics and cost she pointed out that it was fine and that she could use it for Displays with Sandun and Denzel, the material used was something you had hanging around the workshop.

3. Knot Work, this is very similar on my new dress, but Celtic knot work can be found throughout the Irish dance world and they themselves have been copied from original knot work found in many of our ancient books.

If you can prove that they are registered designs of you and you can provide the relevant paper work from the appropriate authorities than i am sure I would be happy to change our design. If this is the case I would be happy to negotiate a price for the one time use of said designs on our mock dress that you saw on the internet. The said invoice will of course have to be supplied with your KVK number and BTW number of your registered business.

Till this is the case i will not entertain any further correspondence on this matter.

When I addressed her in the email/invoice I send her, I used her name. She hasn't got the decency to do so in her email.
I left out her name, but I still want to warn other dressmakers about her.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Theft by teacherAnonymousMonday, March 21, 08:41:30am

wow. not even an attempt at an apology for ant "misunderstanding" that may have occurred. her vehement arguments outlining all the reasons she's not using your design is indicative of her underlying guilt in my opinion (NT)xMonday, March 21, 04:01:18pm

I am so sorry to hear you have been given such a thoroughly unpleasant and unnecessary situation by this teacher. I hope time will heal the hurt. Nobody deserves a customer like that (NT)!Tuesday, March 22, 10:03:31pm

And all this from a "lady"who goes ballistic when her own dancers use her steps at a display. (NT)Rules only apply to others.Wednesday, March 23, 03:29:38am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.