VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Did anyone watch the "Behind the scene" Rising Star video on FB?

Author:
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, June 17, 10:16:13am

They use some kind of a paper on top of the fabric when embroidered. Looks like a regular paper to me. But he(sorry, didn't get the name) called it a special paper? I searched the internet but could not find anything like it.
I am using the Sulky Super Solvy, but the heavy duty is a pain to remove. I just bought the medium wight to try.
What is everyone else using on velvet?
Thank you.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Probably freezer paper, without wax (NT)sdmFriday, June 17, 01:49:08pm

It sounded to me that he said "This is a protective paper" later in the video it shows one of the ladies placing the paper on some fabric and it just looks like normal sheets of paper, not freezer paper, althought that would work as well. It just looks like normal everyday paper. (NT)-Saturday, June 18, 07:30:23am

It's not regular paper. We tried it last night and while it's not bad, it doesn't leave a clean edge finish. It sounded "crispier" than regular paper in the video but we gave it a try (NT):)Wednesday, June 22, 08:32:17am

For velvets, I use a tear away stabilizer on topAnnMonday, April 17, 10:30:08am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.