VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Stoning a dress

Author:
Katie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, April 29, 06:11:47am

Hi recently purchased a brand new Gavin without stones,thinking of stoning it myself.Im wondering how difficult it is?(I don't want to ruin dress after spending so much) Also any recommendations on what to use ?i have no previous experience in this just willing to try it.thanks

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Start with the obvious large stones, teardrops, rivolis (large circles). Decide clear crystal, AB,, or colored . Choose your glue - E6000 or GemTac (pros and cons to both.) Next layout out stones before gluing to get the look you want. (NT)Gluing the first one is the hardestSaturday, April 29, 12:21:36pm

buy a color/size chart from somewhere like dreamtime creations then you get a better idea of colors and sizes (NT)dmSaturday, April 29, 11:42:34pm

So you buy a dress from Gavin and then have the nerve to ask us lowly SNDs to answer your stoning questions? Was it necessary to tell us you bought a "Gavin". Really? Kind of insulting that we're not good enough to make your daughter's dress but it's all good to ask for advice. (NT)SheeshSunday, April 30, 06:25:27pm

When I sell a custom dress without stones (at the customers request) they will ask my advise on size, color and amount. Also ask advise on type of glue etc. All of this information I am happy to provide. Don`t you get the same service from Gavin. One bit of advise I would give is be careful if using E600 wear a mask and glue in a well ventilated area. (NT)Happy when someone else does the rhinestones.Sunday, April 30, 06:40:30pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.