VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
Subject: Lining stretchy fabric

Author:
Flabbergasted
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 11:16:37am

Bless this board for being here!

With you lovely ladies help, I made a cute little dress about two years ago. The bodice was a stretch velvet that I simply fused to a cotton lining to make it workable since I didn't need the stretch.
Now I am in making one for little sister, and I have a novice question.
I found a really fun stretchy dancewear/swimwear Lycra glittery fabric that I want to use it for part of the bodice and the skirt. I want the fabric to have some body to it to give it a better shape and durability, But I'm not sure my fuse to Cotton will do the trick on this one. Do I fuse the pieces to a stretchy cotton jersey?
Will do fusible web give if the pieces stretch too much?

Thank you for any insight on how to use stretchy fabrics.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
For the bodice, I would fuse the Lycra to whatever gives it a similar weight & hand as the other fabrics you are using. Cool Fuse is a low temperature product safe on most fabrics. Misty Fuse does not add any additional weight or stiffness when used. But I don't think it stretches. Depending on the type of skirt you are making, you may not want stretch there either. (NT)LynnToledoThursday, March 28, 11:39:51am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.