VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
Subject: This dress is actually too big for the dancer.(more)

Author:
My opinion
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 09, 09:59:19pm
In reply to: sdm 's message, "I have this fit issue regularly. I am not knocking this beautiful dress, If I could make one half as nice I would be over the moon! I understand this is an OTR and the dress is being modelled, but I have the fit issue across the front chest quite often. I am sure it's not cut too small, so why is it pulling? Any advice would be very much appreciated, this is the bain of my life at the moment, and cannot see where I am going wrong, to my eye it looks too big, but if so, it wouldn't pull.." on Tuesday, April 09, 08:58:26am

It's too big in the upper chest-too wide, which makes the shoulder seam fall over the ball of the shoulder. This makes the sleeves pull over the upper arm. The princess seams are supposed to go over the apex of the bust-here they fall too far to the sides. There's also too much fabric from the shoulder to the bust, and the neck is too wide. The dress is not too small, just too big in those areas for this dancer. Pretty dress, and would probably look great on someone else.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Oh, and the sleeve cap is too narrow and is pulling the fabric across the chest.HTHTuesday, April 09, 10:10:01pm

We have a winner! Agree completely. (NT)ykwWednesday, April 10, 10:46:28am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.