VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
Subject: An FYI for any dressmakers who are approached by a New England AD:

Author:
SDC
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, June 27, 02:03:04pm

There is a New England TC/AD who has now accepted school dresses from two local dressmakers and has not paid for them. I provided a prototype school dress to them, and the dress was delivered to and worn by a student for Saint Patricks Day. They decided they didn't like the dress and did not opt to go with it; that was fine, but I asked to be paid cost only (no time element) of a little over $500 for the dress (which is now used). Repeated attempts to collect have meet with threats to countersue. The dress has not been returned.
The other local dressmaker is currently engaging a lawyer for nonpayment for more than one school dress.
I will not release the name on this board (yet) but if anyone would like to personally request the name of the school contact me by email through the link under my name.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
I am so sorry to hear this. This is horrible. I sure hope that you are able to get some compensation for this. My thoughts are with you. (NT)momThursday, June 27, 08:40:56pm

Don't let him (or her) intimidate you with threats to countersue. He (or she) would have no basis. It is teachers like him/her that give the whole organization a bad name. Any chance that CLRG has a code of ethics? And any chance they would enforce this policy if it exists? You might want to contact CLRG. (NT)Good luck to you.Thursday, June 27, 11:51:08pm

I am happy to report that going "public" may have helped. I have had contact about the dress and am negotiating payment. (NT)SDCFriday, June 28, 09:41:40am

Thank you for sharing this with some of us who also make dresses for some people and how to handle this. I hope that you get the compensation you deserve and then some. (NT)momFriday, June 28, 11:56:49am

Had the same problem about 6 years ago with a tc. This happened on another continent, so not the same tc. He had me buy all the materials and I made a design and proto type dress. He then said : "Sorry, parents don't like the dress design."more insideFriday, June 28, 05:37:25pm

Question for SDC, we are looking for a dressmaker for school costumes. Where are you based out of? (NT)Very InterestedSunday, June 30, 12:42:16pm

Taoknitter does have a list of local dressmakers, you could search that for someone close. (NT)No nameWednesday, July 10, 06:57:15pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.