VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
Subject: help with armholes - I have made some solos with good success but I have been asked to make a school's class costumes and I'm having problems with the armhole. They can't lift their arms, can anyone help me? Would it be the armhole shape or would it be the sleeve? Can anyone recommend a good pattern for both children and adult bodice with good armhole and sleeve. I'm at my wits end!

Author:
Wits End
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, December 14, 05:36:53am

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
the 'hole' has to be higher...fitted under the armpit. That way when the girls lift their arms they are not pulling on the bodice of the dress. The sleeve starts above the shoulder...morebgFriday, December 14, 08:14:47am

also the seam across the top of the shoulder can't end too far out. (NT)Hop_123Friday, December 14, 03:56:33pm

thank you,I'll try that, you are always so helpful on this site. thanks so much. (NT)thanksSaturday, December 15, 06:25:58am

We had some dresses that did this altered to have a piece inserted under the arm. Imagine a long diamond shaped piece of fabric, folded over in half and fit into the underarm. I don;t know how to explain it better sorry. It meant there was no seam actually under the arm and it allowed the diamond to "open up" when the dancer lifted her arm. (NT)-Sunday, December 16, 05:45:19am

The wrinkles point to the problem. Have the dancer wear the dress and move her shoulders back and then raise her arms out to the side as in figure dancing. Watch what happens to the sleeve head. If you see deep wrinkles acrossed it, the sleeve head is likely too small. (more inside)BJMonday, December 17, 07:24:30am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.