VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
Subject: the 'hole' has to be higher...fitted under the armpit. That way when the girls lift their arms they are not pulling on the bodice of the dress. The sleeve starts above the shoulder...more

Author:
bg
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, December 14, 08:14:47am
In reply to: Wits End 's message, "help with armholes - I have made some solos with good success but I have been asked to make a school's class costumes and I'm having problems with the armhole. They can't lift their arms, can anyone help me? Would it be the armhole shape or would it be the sleeve? Can anyone recommend a good pattern for both children and adult bodice with good armhole and sleeve. I'm at my wits end!" on Friday, December 14, 05:36:53am

think of a tight fitting tank top---so the sleeve is the only thing that affects the arm...the distance from arm pit to hip is lengthened. hth

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
I completely disagree with the arm hole. Shold be more fitted, just as poster said though, your solytion is to inset sleeve closer to the neck. If you add armpit circumference or length, you are going to have sloppy looking team dresses. The tighter the bodice under the chest, the less likely it will ride up too. (NT)expert!Monday, January 07, 02:49:23pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.