VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
Subject: Help please regarding white twinkle satin

Author:
Thanks!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, March 21, 05:38:26pm

I hope someone on this board will be able to help. The sleeves on my daughter's solo dress are made of white twinkle satin. The dress is always stored flat under her bed, and over time, the sleeve has developed a horizontal crease. I purchased a hand-held steamer, and my thought was to steam out the crease, and then, in the future, stuff the sleeves with paper towels or plain tissue to prevent it from happening in the future. But, I know some fabrics react differently to heat or steam. Do you think I'll be fine using the steamer? Anything I should consider (distance to keep steamer away from the fabric, etc.?). Many thanks for any advice you can give.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
It is usually a nylon fabric which will shrink and tighten up with heat. The trick is to use the lowest heat possible. It doesn't take much. (NT)carefulFriday, March 22, 12:59:48am

Thank you! (NT)Appreciate it.Friday, March 22, 07:03:42am

Make certain the steamer does not touch the fabric. You could try a damp pressing cloth and an iron on low setting, too. By the way, if the sleeve has crystals, allow the entire area to cool before moving it (NT)You don't want the crystals to sag or drop offFriday, March 22, 08:18:39am

My DD's dress is all twinkle, I ironed it when I was putting it together. Twinkle will melt or scorch, it doesn't shrink. If you have the iron on low to medium it irons out well. Be careful with the temp of the iron! (NT)Good luckFriday, March 22, 03:20:20pm

I find if you just hang it up for a couple of days the creases just fall out of twinkle satin. But I guess if it's backed with cotton and that's creased you might need to iron it. Would use a cool iron and work your way up the heat untill you get it out. Don't start with (NT)a hot ironFriday, March 22, 05:34:50pm

Thanks everyone! (NT)Off to work on it now.Saturday, March 23, 07:03:47am

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.