VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: new skirt on old dress

Author:
big ideas - no talent
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Monday, October 01, 01:18:43pm

So, my daughter currently has a very lovely petal style dress that has never been altered. She's been wearing it for almost a year now (got it just in time for O's last year) and it may need to be let down a little (but then again maybe not) before this year's O's. Also, the main problem, is that some of the petals on the side are starting to get a little worse for wear and it doesn't help that she's a little girl and they are white.
My question is would it be possible for an every day seamstress to take the "old" petal skirt off and put on a new skater style skirt? We have someone that we have used for alterations in the past and she's very good at that and for making every day clothing but I'm scared she may say yes and then be in over her head with this. I am absolutely useless when it comes to these things so I though that I would ask the opinions of the talented and knowledgable here!
This is a picture of her current dress/skirt:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44598060@N00/8044185475/
this is the style of skirt that we would like to have added:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44598060@N00/8044234006/in/photostream/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
That's absolutely possible and is a fairly simple procedure. (NT)jmoMonday, October 01, 01:23:53pm

Absolutely. This new skirt is much easier to make than the original petal skirt, especially if the under structure can be kept (stiffener or whatever keeps the sides out). A good seamstress can do this for you. (NT)Go for it.Monday, October 01, 02:02:21pm

Easy to do, but can you find the green to match? (NT)Pretty dressMonday, October 01, 06:33:27pm

Thank you!~OPMonday, October 01, 06:45:54pm

Would it be possible to make a few new petals and either replace the worn ones or layer them over the worn petals? (NT)Might be cheaperWednesday, October 03, 02:38:56pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.