VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: I'm sorry you all feel that way.... more inside to hopefully address these issues.... (if you care to read it)

Author:
Rhonda at FeisDresses.com
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, October 06, 09:57:58am
In reply to: Agree, bad form :( 's message, "I also dislike the use of the same terms as Dance Again. Featured Dress, that's what Lisa calls hers. Your business ads are called Premium Ads, same again. You need to make your business your own, and stop using other people's ideas." on Saturday, October 06, 07:21:29am

I'm sorry you all feel that way about the website. As I had previously stated when the site name changed a while back from IrishDanceDressShop.com - I in no way was trying to copy the feisdress.com site. I didn't even know it existed. And most parents and dancers don't know it exists either. I've asked many people and they have never heard of it -- it seems that its only known by dressmakers who are looking for patterns. So I am in no way trying to infringe on her customers. This was also pointed out to me after the fact - since and then it was too hard to change the name a 3rd time and really confuse people! (I was following the theme that everyone uses, Feis{blank}.com - like FeisResults.com, FeisWeb.com, FeisFaces.com, etc. which brought me to FeisDresses.com - which was open to use. I didn't even check FeisDress.com.

As far as terminology on the site.... Sorry but lots of other dress sites use "Featured Ads" - See usedsolodresses.com as well and some of the other sites. Those are standard web terms with standard "classified ad" programs. They are just called featured ads. I did not at all copy any of Lisa's stuff from her website, so I'm sorry that you think I did.

I must say that I am surprised that you are all taking such a harsh view of my site, which is intended to help out the Irish dance community - and help people save money. As a dance mom of 3 dancers, I need to be able to save all the money I can - so I assume others would like to save as well.

I was hoping people would be receptive to the free site. At least I'm not trying to copy the other sites content and then charge for listings. There are many new sites - like getthatdress.com and usedsolodresses.com that do charge and are also similar. Do you have a harsh opinion of them as well since they are trying to make a profit off of it? I am not trying to make a profit. I've had many people tell me I should charge for listings and I just won't do it.

So I'm sorry you feel so harshly about the website. I'm hoping you can understand that I had no ill will toward any other site - and didn't copy anything. I hope that you will forgive my perceived wrongs.

And if you don't have an interest in using the site, that is fine. I'll aim to gear it more towards dancers and parents then. I figured you might also like to avail of the free listings - but that is up to you.

Rhonda

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
One more thought....Rhonda at FeisDresses.comSaturday, October 06, 10:34:41am

Rhonda...I am with you on this! there is room for everyone and none of those terms are copy written. This is a cranky crowd...not your audience! Just ignore them and this site. (NT)Love your site!Saturday, October 06, 05:55:55pm

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.