|[ VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]|
|Subject: BSB introduces performance restrictions from 2012 season|
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Date Posted: 05:11:47 08/10/11 Wed
For the 2012 season, the British Superbike Championship (BSB) will introduce a range of performance restrictions that will both reduce costs and ensure competitive racing. A key change is the rev limit restriction to just 750rpm above standard, which will be set by use of a series specified ECU.
Summary of modifications
1) Retaining the standard piston and valves to control tuning excesses, only the following modifications to be allowed.
2) Camshafts with free profile, increased duration and lift.
3) Valve springs, seats and their retainers (maintaining original materials)
4) Porting of the inlet and exhaust ports with epoxy fillers allowed if necessary.
5) Machining of the cylinder head gasket surface to adjust compression.
6) Re machining of combustion chambers, but no material to be added.
7) Rev limit 750prm above standard, set by spec ECU - standard level determined by street product on official dyno.
8) Aftermarket connecting rods of the same or greater weight than the original. Material to be either as homologated or steel. Centre to centre length to be standard.
9) Crankshaft can be re balanced, but only by the original method.
10) An aftermarket gearbox with a single set of gear ratios nominated for the season.
11) Design concept to be the same as the homologated item.
12) Oil sumps and pumps can be modified to improve reliability.
13) Pistons and valves remain standard. Maintaining the standard piston crown design is a critical part of limiting the tuning possibilities, together with mandated use of a series specified ECU and a rev limit.
The changes – which will apply for the 2012 to 2015 seasons, are brought in to ensure competitive racing, keep costs down, reduce the requirement for ‘certain’ technologies and to ensure that private teams can be competitive.
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 2.94, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.