VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05/ 1/11 10:44pm
Author: Liz
Subject: ROYAL WEDDING

I did NOT get up at 2am, but I did watch the instant replay on TLC on Friday morning. These are my observations as the Beehive's Fashion and Social maven. I loved her dress. It was ala Grace Kelly and Princess Margaret. Elegant and classic. PLEASE make it the end of all the strapless similar looking current bridal gowns where everyone looks like they are wearing a tight fitting mailing envelope. The tiara had sentiment and was the right size: small. The matching earrings her mother gave her were perfect. I liked everything in white: bridesmaids and flower girls. Pippa looked great and the dress was simple and lovely. The Queen in yellow was very nice, and I think I saw Prince Phillip actually smiling. However, is it just me, or did Prince Charles and Camilla look positively elderly? He was born the same month I was, and I think he looks old enough to be my father. Camilla's dress was nice, but ill fitting. That's the one thing I learned from Stacy and Clinton: no matter your size, things should be tailored to FIT! Princess Beatrice's hat has its own website. It's true it was a curiosity, but I think it was just plain ugly. She is a darling girl with beautiful big eyes and red hair. What milliner did that to her. Well, we did meet the milliner with Clinton, but come on!!!! Maybe the wedding was much ado about nothing, but I thought the trees in the church were beautfiul, the music was beautiful, and they do seem to be truly in love. Let's get out the Bolangers and just say: here's to love!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I agree except I thiought the Queen looked hideous in yellow. Too many stupid hats. Harry looked adorable. -- Amy, 05/ 2/11 10:58am

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Thank you! SLEEVES! ...so underrated. Nice lace sleeves, I love it. I agree with the Liz condensed review & fashion report... -- Gaby, 05/ 2/11 7:10pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> ahh yes. wasn't it lovely! -- Poule, 05/ 3/11 6:03am

[ Edit | View ]

[> I quite enjoyed it. I would LOVE to have Beatrice's hair color. Absolutely gorgeous. Not that I could see much of it with that hat commanding all the attention. ;) -- kathryn_dc, 05/ 5/11 11:34am

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> PS I could not get over how positively ELDERLY Charles looked. Wow. -- kathryn_dc, 05/ 5/11 11:35am

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Apparently when asked about his son's marriage Charles said something like "well he's been practicing long enough". -- Amy, 05/ 5/11 12:58pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> I heard that they are still married!! Not bad for the royal family -- Poule, 06/ 6/11 4:50am

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> That is such a Poule comment, and it is why we love you so much. -- Liz, 06/ 6/11 5:46pm

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.