VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07/ 4/11 5:47am
Author: poule
Subject: speaking of bad films

I endured *La Vie en Rose* on saturday. It was awful for a number of reasons, not least the editing that chooped anc changed so much without letting the story explain what was going on or who was who, and the snippets given really didnt drive the story on, many being repetative. As for repetative, I do not want to watch drunk girls shouting for 3 hours. The film was billed as marvellous and moving but it was staggeringly boring and I had no sympathy or empathy whatsoever for Edith Piaf, whose singing/songs i generally like; it was like a hatchet job, but then maybe edith didnt have a good side? Or good front teeth?
If this was a french attempt at a Hollywood blockbuster,I wish they wouldnt bother. It lacked nuance.

Oh yeah, and what's with making minor characters into major ones then dumping them w/o any explanation, or introducing the dead child in the last minute or two?

Do not be misled by the advertising on the cover of this dvd. It isnt a good biopic, it isnt a good drama, it isnt a good french film, it isnt even a good musical/film about music. If you like watching drunk girls scream, then this is the film for you

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I take it you didn't like the film! -- Liz, 07/ 4/11 10:40am

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Tee hee! I just love an excellent scathing review!! Yes I HATE that - when directors introduce major characters or situations and then let them dwindle away unresolved... But did you like the singing, Ms. Sue!? -- Gaby, 07/ 4/11 10:54pm

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.