VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07/ 5/11 4:59pm
Author: Amy
Subject: Casey Anthony

Well we let another murderer go free - good on ya, Florida. What are you going to do when she abuses and kills her next child, nominate her to Congress?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Women go free amazingly often in criminal cases like this... Still, I'm astounded. Perhaps they shouldn't have made it a death penalty case, because juries often hesitate to convict in such cases - even though there is then an automatic 13-year appeals process, & the conviction is frequently overturned within 5 years or so... -- Gaby, 07/ 5/11 8:54pm

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> They had any number of things they could have convicted her of short of first degree murder. And during the penalty phase, they didn't have to give her the death penalty. My only hope is that she will become a complete pariah and have to pay in other ways for what she did. -- Liz, 07/ 5/11 11:37pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> My question is - they convicted her of lying to the police - well what the hell did they think she was lying ABOUT - the weather? -- Amy, 07/ 6/11 8:34am

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> That was my 1st reaction Amy! They find her guilty of lying to the very people who were trying to help her "find her daughter" Isn't that child absue?? But then I realized there was absolute proof that she lied, enough proof to show she did in fact kill Caylee? No and I think thats what the jury wanted. Very sad indeed. IF it turns out she is the sociopath many believe, now feeling rather invinsilbe, it will only be a matter of time before she's in the spotlight again. -- Cindy it's OJ all over again, 07/ 6/11 11:39am

[ Edit | View ]

[> Yeah, as soon as her book is published, and her movie comes out. -- Amy, 07/ 6/11 1:29pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I personally will picket the book store that attempts to sell her book. By the way, who would believe anything in her book when all she does is lie? -- Liz, 07/ 6/11 5:29pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> The Prosecution's duty in this case was to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Ms. Anthony actually committed the murder. They did not succeed in providing any proof of that. They certainly laid out a case - but it was, when you came down to it, conjecture - there was no PROOF that she committed the crime. Having said that, I have no doubt that Ms. Anthony was at least complicit, if not the actual murderer - yet there was no EVIDENCE that she actually did. Thus the jurors were actually proper in their 'failure' to arrive at a murder conviction. Now...I'm prepared for the onslaught. Please keep in mind that I believe that she is guilty as sin - but without EVIDENCE, you can only draw a conclusion from behavior - and while her behavior is certainly damning, it isn't enough for conviction of the crime of murder. -- gumtree, 07/ 6/11 9:38pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Geez Gummy, I thought Caylee's hair, the decomposing stench in her car as well as the chloroform in the car and at the death site, the not admitting she was missing for 31 days and the body in the swamp with duct tape over its mouth should have at least added up to felony child abuse? -- Liz, 07/ 7/11 9:57am

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Well from what I've read, it sems the jury was actually split 6-6 on that very charge.....and somehow that vote morphed into a not guilty verdict. When and if the day should come that more members of the jury speak out, we'll never really know. BTW Casey is now due to be released on Wed. -- Cindy, 07/ 7/11 3:02pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Gumtree's right, though-circumstantial cases are very tricky. One thing that amazes me is that any discussion of substance abuse was kept out of the proceedings; personally I think the mother was high the whole time she was disposing of that annoying little liability with the big brown eyes who was holding her back.... -- Gaby, 07/ 7/11 3:51pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Perhaps - if it could be proven that she did it. But if they could prove that, they could prove the murder charge. -- gumtree, 07/ 7/11 10:09pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> I was SO angry but I read a few articles and I know that Gum is right...not that it stops me from being angry. I can only hope that children's rights groups will persecute her until the day she dies -- Amy, 07/ 7/11 5:43pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> We've all learned an important lesson. All you have to do is bag up the dead body and put it in a swamp so that all is left is the skeleton. Then you pretend like nothing has happened and VOILA, you have gotten away with murder. -- Liz, 07/ 7/11 10:54pm

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> some nutter will kill the woman at some stage...she will never be safe -- poule, 07/ 8/11 7:04am

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I am concerned that you are right. I felt the same way about OJ. Admitting what he had done and asking for mercy would have been more helpful to him. He became a complete pariah and ended up in jail anyway. -- Liz, 07/ 8/11 8:50am

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I hope so. -- Amy, 07/ 8/11 4:13pm

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.