VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12/10/11 10:15am
Author: Liz
Subject: IKEA

When my oldest son and his wife told me they wanted an Ikea gift certificate for Christmas my heart sank. Don't get me wrong, I think they have some great furniture for young couples and kids. I also like their china and linens. The only unfortunate thing is that you have to go to the store to get them. That is also true of picking up a gift certificate. Ikea is sometimes just a little too "precious" for me. Buy our re-usable store bags because they are "green" but don't even think about asking what holds the woodchips together on our particle board furniture. So I went to the ONE check out lane that was open and was third in line. A half hour later, I was still third in line. A woman had brought a ton of linens to check out that did not have bar codes on them. There had to be a phone call about each piece and sometimes the new bar code given over the phone was not correct. FINALLY she got all her stuff through and left. The next person had a coupon or gift certificate that the register would not accept. More calls on the phone, a supervisor came to try to punch in the numbers and by this time the line is now snaking to the back of the store. I had made a Christmas resolution that I would never criticize store clerks because they are only doing their jobs and this is a trying time of year. A man in his thirties had not made that same resolution. He left his merchandise in line and came forward. Why on earth in a store the size of a city block couldn't they have one more check out lane open? The gentleman behind me had been there on Friday and waited an hour and a half to check out. The woman behind him put her items on a display counter and left. It finally was my turn. The clerk went to load the amount of the gift certificate I was buying on the card and couldn't do it. Another call to the supervisor and much punching of numbers on the register and FINALLY I had my card. Now this is Ikea, an international conflomerate. Joe's corner grocery store knows that when the check out line gets lengthy you call up someone to help with check out. Target has someone who does nothing else but make sure there are enough clerks and check out lines open. How can this keep happening there? Even the self check out was backed up. Fortunately I may not have to go in there again for a very long time. Merry Christmas!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.