VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

ALT=

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars............Oscar Wilde

Disclaimer? Affiliated with TheStone? What's that? Never heard of it.
How can we be affiliated with something we never heard of? You see it written where? In what banner?

Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind............Dr. Seuss

• NOT SO TRIVIAL! -- Digital Monkey, 21:40:31 03/30/02 Sat
    Hi, can someone PLEASE help us with Trivial? We're absolutely stumped, we know which form the answer needs to be in but are no nearer getting it!

Please reply to this message giving us a very strong nudge if possible

Thanks in advance!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Quote -- arianwen, 14:04:41 02/12/02 Tue
    Hey all.
    Came accross this quote in a book I'm currently reading. Made me think. (Although, like most of the puzzles i have open right now, I'm probably looking at things too literally.)
    " "All right," Belbo said. "Thirty-six per century; step by step the knights prepare to converge on the Stone. But what is the Stone?"
    "Really, gentlemen! The Stone is, of course, the Grail." "

Umberto Eco, from "Foucault's Pendulum". The more I read by him, the more convinced I become that this guy not only knows Something, he may well know Everything.

Thanks for listening. It kind of feels like shouting into the Void...

Arianwen
    A24 134

[ Edit | View ]

• *WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH* -- No name, 17:29:40 01/27/02 Sun

A FEROCIOUS vortex swoops into the Uncommons...

*sputter clank wheeze sputter sputter*

The vortex spits out something.
    It rolls across the floor like a giant tumbleweed
    stirring the dust that has come to fill the long silent Uncommons.

The dust begins to settle...

*cough gag gag cough*

The image of a lone ashen figure
    struggling to get to her feet begins to emerge...

SOMEONE TURN ON THE LIGHTS!!!

*click*

Jenna wipes the dust from her eyes and comes to the realization of where she is...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

It's so good to finally find my way back!!

*waves to those below*

Hi baggins! Hi Genus! Hi LGuid! Hi dev/joe!

I have just one question for you....whose turn was it to dust?????????

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Ah, the Stone is down again today -- /dev/joe, 15:24:15 01/14/02 Mon
    Well, the database server is down. You can't log in, but the homepage is up.
    And there are changes happening!
    They've removed the christmas stocking from the bit on the homepage about buying a membership. That was still there last week.
    And did anyone ever notice that commons.thestone.com has a really old version of this section?

[ Edit | View ]

• Hi There! -- LGuid, 00:37:49 12/27/01 Thu
    Although I've had my stone for the last 2 years, I've not had the oportunity to get involved in the Stoner community. Now that I can I would like to wish all the very best for the future and please feel free to drop me a mail.
    Salut!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Testing.... -- No name, 14:43:04 12/29/01 Sat
    This is a test of the virtual emergency system...

[ Edit | View ]

• Is that water still warm? -- Baggins, 23:36:32 11/25/01 Sun
    MWAAAAH Jenna! Have not popped in for a dip in the hot tub for soooo long :~( Hope you are well .... Red and I are having a mini-gathering in Manchester on 8th December - you have been warned!! Much love, Baggins

[ Edit | View ]

• Checking IN -- Genus, 15:46:28 11/23/01 Fri
    Hello all! (especially to Poo and her little BITO)
    I'm just checking in, saying hi, seeing what's new...I haven't been in the uncommons in a long time. In fact, I didn't know it still existed!! Bored on the Stone, though I do check for puzzles and read the commons. I'm going to email that Blake at Abject character, maybe he'll reply, I don't know. But I'm not going to bow out, I'll wait, it's worth it.
    Big changes for me though...moving to California in a matter of months to try my hand at living. Swimming pools, movie stars...two things I won't see for a long while, ha ha ha.
    Love you all,
    Genus

http://members.tripod.com/~dusty8/quick.html

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Giving thanks.... -- Jenna, 16:55:18 11/22/01 Thu

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AMERICA!!!

Even in the face of these trying times, we still have so much for which to be thankful.
    I am so thankful for all of the lovely people I have met playing The Stone,
    the true friendships that I have formed, and the love that I have found.
    Thank you for the happiness you have brought into my life.

With love,

Jenna

[ Edit | View ]

• OOooohhhhhh..... -- me, myself and I, 20:42:35 10/20/01 Sat
    Nice to see the board back up and running Jenna
    *gives Jenna a big huge hug* MWAAAAHHH my love!
    I was wandering down memory lane earlier and re-visited Scott's Journey MM site. Ahhhh.. the good ol' days...
    So much in a year that's happened, some good, some bad..
    *sighs* let's hope the bad are far outweighed by the good now - it's about time (for me anyway)

[ Edit | View ]

• Another brick in the.... -- BladeRunnerZ, 20:09:40 10/20/01 Sat

Make Your Mark

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Nimda Virus -- Chand, 20:33:12 09/22/01 Sat
    Just a warning - I updated my Norton Virus Patterns a couple of days ago, and its detected that some of the images that have been posted on this page are infected with the Nimda Virus.

Chand

[ Edit | View ]

• HIDEHO!!! -- poobah, 01:22:16 08/25/01 Sat
    Sooooooo..... anyone alive around here?!?!?! teehee...
    *waggling eyebrows* YoooHoooooo..... *knocks on screen* Anybody home?!?!? *giggle* See what happens when you are in a strange mood? *grin*
    Gee.. I sure do miss those days where there was all sorts of strange happenings with vortex, duct tape, coffee running out of - erhm.. best not go there ;-)
    Who wants to come out and play - not that I can as I've been up for absolute HOURS and I'm reading a great book - a change from the trashy romance novels I've been devoring anyway ;-)

MWAAAAAAAAAAAH & HUGS JENNA!!!! I think we should have a race regarding who's going to be first to complete that thingamajig that we were talking about. *grin*

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Who has the *power*? -- Jenna, 03:52:42 07/12/01 Thu
    So I finally get back to the lodge only to find out I can't get back to the lodge. What are you doing in there...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• *beats up the Uncommons board while singing HAPPY BITHDAY TO JENNA* -- poobah, 18:49:06 06/27/01 Wed
    MWAAAAAAH & HUGS my dear sweet soul sister!! I did post something with a graphic and different coloured font, but it seems the Vortex and Gremlins are still around as they ATE MY POST!!!
    Anyway, A VERY HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU JENNA MY LOVE! I hope you have much health, happiness and love to celebrate as another year has passed onto a new one.

Love you my Sweetie patootie!! Don't dribble coffee out of the nose anymore hunh? *rofl* Ahhh.. what a year this has been.. and what a time to look forward to!!! :'-)

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.