VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:18:08 05/30/13 Thu
Author: Darius
Subject: Re: D-102 & Disco 96, etc. (and a little KDKA-FM)
In reply to: WTK 's message, "Re: D-102 & Disco 96, etc." on 07:54:21 05/30/13 Thu

I need to be educated here, I missed the Disco 96 era of 96.1. I assume the calls were still WTAE-FM, as has been said, this was a day-parted station. Did Disco 96 broadcast in stereo, or was it in mono like WTAE-FM was? One thing I'll always remember about 96KX simulcasting the Steeler games is that they made it a point to turn off the stereo pilot during those broadcasts, and when they resumed music, they'd have it on again midway between the first song after the game. Also, I remember at first, 96KX was day parted as well, signing on at 10 am. Here, too, it would take them about half a song to be in stereo, as WTAE-FM had been in mono. I recall being disappointed a couple times when 96KX had technical difficulty, and they never got their broadcast to be in stereo for the whole rest of the day!
While we're at it, if I'm not mistaken, KDKA-FM too, was day-parted, as they signed off at midnight with KDKA-AM filling in 92.9 (12am - 6am). In this shift, was KDKA-AM on 92.9 in stereo or in mono?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.