VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:34:25 08/14/12 Tue
Author: Ed Weigle
Subject: Re: Shameless self-plug
In reply to: Bum 's message, "Shameless self-plug" on 14:22:46 08/01/12 Wed

I can't thank you enough for posting this. I'm glad my wife is sleeping, since she won't see me dabbing my eyes, as I retire for the night. I actually paid a visit to Mr. Rogers, at Unity Cemetery, in Latrobe, a few weeks ago. He got the biggest kick out of the fact I could never call him Fred, while, meanwhile, I'd smoke cigars with Paul Long and Dan Mallinger, run into Bill Burns and other icons and have no problem addressing them by their first name--and there was no disrespect. Marie Torre was an angel. I'll never forget spending evenings in NYC with her and her friend, my professor, Joan Williams, from Point Park College, quizzing Marie about her career.
This must have been around he same time as the AFTRA 50th party at WQED, which, I was sure was '87, since Dan Mallinger was still among us (He was very ill then). So good to see all those people I grew up with and was fortunate enough to know, in many cases. G-d bless them all. How fortunate we were, right?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.