VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:33:53 10/21/12 Sun
Author: Ed Weigle
Subject: Re: Memorabilia
In reply to: Darius 's message, "Re: Memorabilia" on 06:21:03 10/20/12 Sat

Here's what I have (and my wife is going to have me shot, if I collect any more)in my little museum:

An original RCA BK5B ribbon mic from the KDKA studio (there was an old picture posted here a while back of Mike Levine and Jerry Lewis; can't help wondering if the mic in the pic is the same one in my display case).
*Copy of Rosey Rowswell's book, "Rosey Reflections."
*Copy of "The KDKA Family Album," which features hand signed photos of the air staff, including Rosey, Bill Hinds, Paul Shannon, Ed Schaughency, Buzz Aston and more. I think it was published to benefit the war bonds campaign.
*Plastic replica of the little cameraman on wheels, which used to appear at the beginning of KDKA TV progams.
*A 1982 3WS calendar that Doug Hoerth signed and gave to me, plus tons of Porky Chedwick related stuff (which I'm sure doesn't surprise anyone).
*A slice of the original KDKA tower in lucite, which was sold as a fundraiser for Children's Hospital.
*An original letter from Harold Arlin and an accompanying KDKA program log page from 1923.
*Although, not directly related to Pittsburgh, a genuine signed card from Guglielmo Marconi (it hangs on my wall next to the Arlin letter).
Sadly, I think my mother threw away all the bumper stickers I had from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, when they became ratty looking. I love this kind of stuff!

Ed Weigle

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.