VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:33:46 10/21/11 Fri
Author: Mike Silverstein
Subject: Porky needs a sponsor or our help

Was listening to Porky this morning on WEDO on the web and he opened his show by saying he needs a sponsor or he may have to go off the air.

The bottom line is that WEDO is a daytimer and soon will have to sign off before 5p when the days grow short. They need to monetize each hour in some way to pay their expenses. They need 200 bucks an hour. John George is putting Porky on the air, but he needs some way to pay the rent, the electricity, etc; and he can't afford to give away the hour.

To keep the Bossman on the raddio, they have to either find a sponsor, or find some folks who are willing to chip in a few bucks a month to keep the show going. If the radio preachers can stay on the air with listener contributions, why can't Porky? I'd put in a few bucks each month for the pleasure of hearing those genuine dusty discs.

I'm putting this out there because Porky's a big part of the soundtrack of my life and I hope there are some kindred souls out there willing to join in keeping this Hall of Famer on the air.

Who's with me? Anybody have any ideas? Any sponsors?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.