VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Princeton-Yale

Author:
Bengal
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:13:19 11/11/16 Fri
In reply to: bulldog10jw 's message, "Princeton-Yale" on 11:11:41 11/11/16 Fri

For years, the Yale game notes noted that, at least among Old Blues, this was the case -- the P game being a bigger one than H. The rivalry took a big hit when P lost a stupefying 14 straight (Cozza still thinks Y only lost in 1981 due to a bad PI call, although I think it was a good call). This year's notes do not seem to reflect that same sentiment.

No love lost here. When they used to scrimmage, they would scuffle, and I have seen games end the same way.

The previous League Ex Director told me the day before one P-Y game that the refs are specifically instructed to keep the game under control. In one, under Tom Williams, some Y players came over to the P side of pre-game warms-ups to taunt the P players; when the captains went out for the coin toss, both benches emptied to mid-field and the refs barely maintained order. And this was before the opening kickoff. On that kickoff, a Y players was ejected. Wild.

I am guessing that Y will add new looks/wrinkles on offense to get the P defense off balance. I am guessing P will blitz and bring extra pressure to try and rattle the young QB. It has been a down season for Yale, and an upset over an old rival who will still be in co-title contention even if H wins the night before will be one way to sweeten the season for Old Eli. I prefer a Y loss tomorrow and Y win the following weekend. Cheers.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Princeton-Yale

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:17:03 11/11/16 Fri

And to think this can be true when there's not even one trophy, let alone two.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Princeton-Yale 1981

Author:
bulldog10jw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:01:25 11/11/16 Fri

It wasn't the pass interference call that cost Yale the game, although I was in that end of the stadium and did think it was a bad call.

But Princeton was going to score anyway. They could have called that an incomplete pass, but there was still time on the clock and Yale had not stopped Holly and Graham the whole 2nd half.

Yale biggest mistake in my opinion was not giving the ball to Diana on 4th and 2 at the Princeton 20 with about 2 minutes left. If they got the first down, the game was over. Instead, Cozza opted for a FG attempt which would have only put Yale up by 6.

The way the Princeton offense was playing, and the Yale defense as well, everyone, except Cozza, knew they were going right down the field for a TD.

Diana had over 200 yards rushing, so give him the ball. Even if he didn't make it, at least go down with your best.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Princeton-Yale 1981

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:25 11/11/16 Fri

You gotta dance with the girl you brought to the dance and her name was Diana.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Princeton-Yale 1981

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:22:37 11/11/16 Fri

I prefer Holly.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.