VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Attendance for Y/H next week

Author:
YALE OL
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:33:13 11/12/16 Sat

as we prepare for the week leading up to the Yale/Harvard game I am curious if Yale's record will impact attendance at the game? what are people's thoughts? I am going, bought tix in the summer. I always enjoy being in Cambridge and the ambiance the game has to offer. Just curious if this mismatch on paper could impact the attendance. Maybe people will just stay outside at the tailgates!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Attendance for Y/H next week

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:37:48 11/12/16 Sat

It might affect attendance substantially if the game were in New Haven. The seating capacity is less at the Stadium, however, and most of the tix have been sold out for some time. Weather can affect things, of course, and whether the score is close at halftime.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:43:06 11/14/16 Mon

I would think the combination of "14 out of 15" and 7-2 vs. 2-7 would put a damper on the number of folks who decide to leave the tailgate and venture in to watch the game (capitals intentionally left off).

All tickets are sold, but I bet there will be a fair number of empty seats -- excuse me, empty concrete slabs -- on Saturday.

On second thought, there probably won't be much visible concrete. Since the "seats" are seemingly allocated 11" of width, the 75-80% of ticket holders who actually attend will simply spread out to more reasonable spacing and create a full-look regardless.

[> [> Subject: Re: Attendance for Y/H next week

Author:
L et V
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:02:58 11/14/16 Mon

Not all the "seats" are concrete. You gotta admire Fair Harvard for gouging $50 for an obstructed view (if you're not in the first row) from a splintered plank in the colonnade. These stands would be an embarrassment to a bankrupt school district. Kinda reminiscent of Mylan, but at least EpiPen is a first-rate product. Now O will tell us about "scampering" up to the colonnade with his little folding seat at the first sign of rain.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Attendance for Y/H next week

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:56:05 11/14/16 Mon

To be fair, some of the "seats" at the Bowl are in deplorable condition and are equally an embarrassment.

But neither of us claims stadium superiority on a regular and relentless basis, like Observer does. ;)

[> [> [> [> Subject: Seats at the stadium

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:24:18 11/14/16 Mon

No splinters in the Colonnade - all the seats are pretty much new. Personally, I'm in row NN - the first row of the Colonnade, which are - IMHO - the best seats in the house. Great sightlines.

Enjoy them while they last, however, because I believe all Colonnade seats may disappear in the next downsizing.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Attendance for Y/H next week

Author:
West Coast Crimson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:22 11/14/16 Mon

I have a panoramic photo of the stadium from the 1911 Game hanging in my office. The colonnaded section was packed back then, too.

This apropos of nothing, I suppose. I guess if you got those seats, you just dealt with it.

Author:
Boston Lion
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:43 11/14/16 Mon

Harvard Stadium is a demonstration of the genius of simplicity. No painful splintered wood or ugly rusted or paint-chipped metal/plastic fixtures. Just a solid, roomy, weather-impervious surface that, with a minimum of resourcefulness, can be customized by the occupant. Enjoyed many games there while in school and since.

Impressive design. It's only required one refurb in the 1980s after almost a century of service when the mortar finally leached away leaving exposed concrete particulate. It works and has stood the test of time.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.