VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Princeton-Yale game - official attendance:

Author:
Ricks
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:52:58 11/13/16 Sun
In reply to: voy vey 's message, "Re: Princeton-Yale game - official attendance:" on 18:38:01 11/12/16 Sat

November 11th - a day which will live in memory-sad though it was-was the 77th anniversary of my first game at Yale Bowl, a defeat by Princeton, 13 to 7. In those days, the Bowls seats were a dull gray color. The scoreboard was white with slots for the metallic plates were slid into place by attendants who were given signals as to down and distance by a jolly older gent wearing a white sweater with stripes on the sleeves. The players not in the game sat on small wooden bleachers next to the tunnels, and dare they not leave unless called in to substitute by the coach. The officials wore knickers, but wore no microphones. Gentlemen fans wore overcoats over suit and tie, and grey felt hats Ladies wore fur coats (real or faux). The event was much shows of style as it was spectacle. Yale lost to the Tigers, 13 to 7, but defeated Harvard, 20 to 7, thus saving "Ducky" Pond's job as head coach for one more year.
Can the Bulldogs upset the Cantabs next week and perhaps save Reno's job for a final shot? Quien sabe?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> Subject: i doubt it

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:41:47 11/13/16 Sun

Harvard is playing for the title, Yale isn't playing for anything other than to save the coach's job and according to many on this board they have already thrown in the towel. Although I am sure there are many players playing for pride, I wonder if Hines will make a cameo appearance.

Harvard is just more talented plus playing at home, I think this is a 2 td game in favor of Harvard but what do I know other than if Dartmouth doesn't upset Princeton next Sat I will be writing a 100 dollar check to the Columbia Friends of Football. I think I should at least get a brief meet and greet with the "Little Sicilian" if I do.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.