VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: The Ivy League Sports Board is here for the fans!!!

Author:
Sprint66
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:46:35 11/15/16 Tue

I was recently called out by a Cornell staffer at a game who yelled Sprint66. He may have been mad at me for something I posted on this web site. Hey it doesn't take much in the small world of Ivy League sports to figure out the person behind their blog name. We blog at home, in the airport, on the train ride, during lunch hour and even some at work. Our grammar and spelling isn't always perfect, especially when we blog on our i-phone. However, I would like to remind our Ivy coaches and athletic department staff this is a sports blog for the "FANS" of the Ivy League. Certainly no coach in this league is going to game plan based on our fantasy sports blogs. No doubt I am a bit of a "Walter Mitty Offensive Coordinator" sitting high in the stands at home and away games. Whether it's Cornell, Syracuse, Bills, or the Giants, I question many calls and referee rulings throughout the game. That what we sports fans do!

Fans are something that are becoming more scarce each year throughout the Ivy League and without us purchasing game tickets, paying parking fees, standing in the concessions line, and making annual gifts to our respective athletic departments, this league is out of business! Last weekend I was not really looking forward to the Cornell vs. Columbia game, after five straight weeks of losing. However, when we arrived the Big Red faithful filled the visitor section of the stadium and I am sure our players appreciated the loud fan support and as a result it turned out to be a very fun afternoon. Go Ivy League!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: The Ivy League Sports Board is here for the fans!!!

Author:
RedWin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:30:51 11/15/16 Tue

Agreed. This is a sports blog for alums and ivy fans. A tame blog compared to many other conferences. The Notre Dame fans are ready to crucify Brian Kelly.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Re: The Ivy League Sports Board is here for the fans!!!

Author:
M3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:02:37 11/15/16 Tue

All Hail Sprint66!

He cares about Cornell and goes to the games.

An alumnus to be proud of.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.