VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Siedlecki was .597 over 12 seasons with two co-championships

Author:
remember it well
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:59:35 11/15/16 Tue
In reply to: bulldog10jw 's message, "Re: Siedlecki was .597 over 12 seasons with two co-championships" on 13:26:20 11/15/16 Tue

Believe me I was not happy with that 8-2 season either and of course there were games that in retrospect might have been won if he had prepared better, made better adjustments at halftime, called a different play etc. but how many current Ivy coaches (I provided the records on a previous thread) have had a better record besides the fellow over in Cambridge.
My main reason for focusing on Jack's record is the need to inject reality into the expectations of finding a coach that will do remarkably better than Jack since presumably that was Beckett's intent when he fired him. Well he hasn't found one yet and how optimistic can we be that will happen unless Yale admins are willing to liberate themselves from the Ivy formula for mediocrity beginning with coaching salaries. It all starts from there and to think otherwise is only going to lead to the same results. Why would a gifted hc coach with a proven track record come to Yale without the financial draw. So that leaves us with the search for assistant coaches that might become a gifted
hc - "deja vu all over again" and most likely that's where Yale will be after Saturday's game.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Do you really think Reno will be fired?

Author:
bulldog10jw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:19:27 11/15/16 Tue

I don't

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: What's the case for keeping him?

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:39:59 11/15/16 Tue

Unlike Teevens, he hasn't won a championship recently and/or doesn't have the faithful counting the days until next season.

Unlike Bagnoli, he isn't in year 2 taking over a historically bad program.

Unlike Estes, he doesn't have a bunch of winning seasons on his resume.

Unlike Archer, he hasn't shown noticeable improvement in 2016.

So...

?

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: What's the case for keeping him?

Author:
bulldog10jw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:45:45 11/15/16 Tue

2014 - 8-2
2015 - 6-4

Yale "usually" does not fire a coach for a losing season after two winning ones unless there are extenuating circumstances.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: What's the case for keeping him?

Author:
Al's Wingman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:55:09 11/15/16 Tue

Then he needs to find another Morgan Roberts and Tyler Varga to disguise everything else that is ineffective in the program.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: What's the case for keeping him?

Author:
bulldog10jw
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:41 11/15/16 Tue

I'm not saying they should keep him, I'm saying the odds are that they will keep him.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.