VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Cornell vs Penn

Author:
RX
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:11:31 11/17/16 Thu

What the line on Big Red vs Quakers? Is it streaming or on NBCSN?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Cornell vs Penn

Author:
Asiasunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:22 11/17/16 Thu

I read Fox Sports

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Old Red
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:00:23 11/17/16 Thu

In NY on Verizon it is channel 300 Atlantic something or other

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:35 11/17/16 Thu

The game is on Fox College Sports Atlantic channel. If you don't get the channel you can order it as a trial and then drop the subscription after the game.

What is the line.....I have no idea but Penn is most likely heavily favored. If Cornell runs the football like we did this season against Bucknell, Colgate and Columbia, then maybe we can keep it close and who knows??? Go Big Red!!!

Author:
Big29Red
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:55 11/19/16 Sat

Watching this "game" right now- no wonder Cornell is at the bottom of the league. Poor play calling and not enough size/strength and/or depth to get much higher than the bottom third of the league. 4th and 5 from the Penn 20 and Archer calls a run off tackle w/ a kid who has not played all game. Just so frustrating. I don't see how this is going to get better, unless the new President will put major money and attention to athletics. Unfortunately, by the looks of her, I don't see that happening at all. I bet we get a couple of new Engineering and Humanities buildings in Qatar or China for that matter!!

Author:
BigRedFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:36:41 11/19/16 Sat

I am at the game. Archer looks clueless on the sideline.

[> [> Subject: Re: Cornell vs Penn

Author:
Big29Red
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:59:59 11/19/16 Sat

Embarrassing- we get down the field and bingo-turnover. Then, let them march right down the field, chewing up clock all the way. Maybe the "D" coach could run a stunt, call a blitz?? No, too exotic!!

Author:
LGR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:17:06 11/19/16 Sat

I understand Dave will be back next year. He at least needs to shake up the staff. Defensively we seem worse than during the Kent Austin years and I don't see most of our players developing.

Author:
Floridared
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:44:22 11/19/16 Sat

Can he improve on 4 wins next season? Highly doubtful. He has a 5 year contract so next season may be his last hurrah.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell vs Penn

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:15:37 11/19/16 Sat

Never mind.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell vs Penn

Author:
Bengal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:38 11/19/16 Sat

This is what happens when you type on your iPhone. This post was intended to be in the "Unshared title?" thread.

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:54:10 11/19/16 Sat

Despite the loss Cornell played tough with Dalton Banks passing for 322 yards. No doubt we have an excellent QB for the next two seasons. The bad news is Penn nearly doubled up on us with 39 minutes of offensive possession and we only ran the ball 15 times for a net 39 yards. It was an up and down season for sure, but definitely an improvement over last year.

The only way Cornell will move up in the rankings next season is to beef up both our offensive and defensive lines. Every game we played this year the opponents had players over or near 300 lbs. That's something the team needs to get done in the weight room this off season. Secondly, we need to improve the running game. Our total season rushing this year was 1377 which is a slight improvement over last year, but not even close to our opponents with over 2123 yards on the ground. Finally, I think the team needs to go back to the 4-3 defense. We just don't have the athletes for a 3-4 defensive front. Both Princeton and Penn ran right through our front seven and having that extra defensive end could help slow the run and put more pressure on the QB. Let's hope Coach Archer and company have a good off-season and maybe we can post a winning record next year. Go Big Red!!!

Author:
CornellFan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:16 11/21/16 Mon

On balance marked improvement this season. Competitive in most games. A few plays, plus and minus, and could have gone 0.500. Agree with Sprint66, tougher to get personnel to give depth to play the 3-4 consistently. Clearly improved on offense with plays being made from the QB position. Will have to replace a few seniors while continuing to improve the o-line play, Thought there was a step change in play from defensive backs - more aggressive in coverage and move to the ball. Without more size on d-line, will be tough to hold good offenses. Entertaining season, need to build on this for an even better 2017 season.

Author:
Bob S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:08:50 11/21/16 Mon

Agree somewhat with Sprint-Would like to see a better balance on offense on pass and run plays. Thought there was too much dependence on Banks's arm in the red zone. Cornell has an excellent set of running backs-would have liked to have seen Walker, Gellatly, and Picked get more touches in red zone.

Author:
Sprint66
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:58 11/21/16 Mon

It was a break out season for Dalton Banks and obviously Archer was excited to let the kid throw passes, but a balanced running game has to be a priority next season as we keep losing time of possession, which is a killer in this game. I think Backus is a good DC as he has brought a lot of intensity to our defense, but like I said he needs to change to a 4-3 or get some more beef up front. We just got steam rolled in the running game by both Princeton and Penn. The 3-4 is very popular these days "if" you have three huge defensive linemen. Knowles tried the 3-4 a few years and it just didn't work with our level of talent.

Author:
Cornell '97
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:24:52 11/21/16 Mon

Austin's teams played a 4-3 with little success. It's more a matter of recruiting talented D-lineman with size they have been sorely lacking rather than the scheme.

Author:
LGR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:21 11/23/16 Wed

Archer is staying but he needs to improve the staff. I can't agree that Backus is a good DC since we haven't seen it. We gave up close to 500 yards a game again. Couldn't stop the run and couldn't stop wide receivers. It's a coaches job to match scheme to players. The whole staff is out of position. Our QB coach is coaching DL, the RB coach last year is coaching LB and the DB coach was coaching DL last year. As I've been saying for two years our players are not developing and that needs to be a key for us at Cornell.

Author:
Big29Red
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:40 11/23/16 Wed

You are totally spot on- However, the recruiting needs to improve vastly. This all falls on the Head Coach- he needs to change the staff up and demand more support from the administration and admissions. We need bigger, tougher and stronger linemen on both sides of the ball. All the other Ivies have done this-we are lagging in our line recruits. They may be tall- but they are not heavy or strong or fast enough.

Author:
Floridared
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:25 11/23/16 Wed

I doubt you will see any staff changes other than replacing WR coach Acosta.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell vs Penn

Author:
LGR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:04:56 11/23/16 Wed

I believe the OC has resigned, but I agree that Archer will likely stick with the current staff.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell vs Penn

Author:
Cornellbigred alum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:42:54 11/23/16 Wed

First I heard about the possible change at OC.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Cornell vs Penn

Author:
GoBigRed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:21:35 11/23/16 Wed

This is in fact true. So you have 2 open positions on the O coaching staff.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.