VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Halftime: Dartmouth 14, Princeton 10

Author:
PU '96
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:58:04 11/19/16 Sat

Hard to believe that Dartmouth only has one Ivy win. Some very impressive talent on both sides of the ball. Big Green will receive the kickoff to start the 2nd half.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Halftime: Dartmouth 14, Princeton 10

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:44 11/19/16 Sat

If form holds, and Dartmouth plays its best football in the fourth quarter, then we're golden.

Still hurting ourselves with penalties and one badly dropped pass for a big gain.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
PU '96
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:38:34 11/19/16 Sat

Tigers force a punt, then drive 85 yards in 15 plays to take their first lead of the game. 17-14 with 4:58 left in the 3rd.

[> [> Subject: Re: Halftime: Dartmouth 14, Princeton 10

Author:
Big green fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:34:11 11/19/16 Sat

Dartmouth far from golden in the second half....sad.

[> Subject: 4th: Princeton 31, Dartmouth 14

Author:
PU '96
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:02:21 11/19/16 Sat

Touchdown. Fumbled kickoff. Touchdown.

The wheels have fallen off.

Author:
joiseyfan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:04:01 11/19/16 Sat

Green fumbles KO, Tigers 9 yd TD on lovely Lovett misdirection pass for 31-14 lead with 12 minutes left. Green must score on this drive.

[> Subject: Princeton 38, Dartmouth 14

Author:
PU '96
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:48 11/19/16 Sat

39 yard TD run by Voelker. Tigers can taste it...

[> Subject: Dartmouth 14, Princeton 38

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:16:04 11/19/16 Sat

Turn out the lights, the party's over.

Took a little longer than expected, but utter 2H domination.

[> [> Subject: Yep

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:38:55 11/19/16 Sat

Princeton kicked our tails in the second half. Congrats to the Tigers.

A pity the streak had to end. But we will begin a new one next year!

Author:
HDallmar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:28:57 11/19/16 Sat

Tigers were picked to finish fifth. Asia Sunset predicted they would be better than that because Princeton had so many injuries last year. Asia Sunset was correct, as usual.

[> [> Subject: Hats off to Princeton

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:09:35 11/19/16 Sat

they kicked our butts in the second half, they dominated both sides of the ball. Impressive performance, they won going away

If "Gotta" Lovett doesn't win the offensive player of the yr he wuz robbed. The kid scored 21 rushing TD's that is just ridiculous

Got to meet the legend just before the game, no not the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, the legend that is tiger blog, I was remiss not checking my phone bc he had given me the golden ticket into the Princeton press box. Because of that he only had a few mins to meet and greet. Thanks I do appreciate it

We will be a force to reckon with next yr bc only 5-6 impact players are lost to graduation. Our RB WR are ridiculously deep.

It was warm and sunny but a great setting and a great day, drive home suxed though, lotto traffic, still worth it though because I got to spend a lot of time with my daughter trying to convince her that Trump will make America great again unfortunately she ain't buying it

Good Luck to the Dartmouth seniors in the next chapter of their lives

[> [> [> Subject: BTW

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:20:07 11/19/16 Sat

gotta give credit to Teevens letting senior PK Katzman kick the final extra point to end the game. The kid hung in there for 4 yrs and getting him on the field to make sure he will be in the Dartmouth history books was a very good thing

[> [> [> Subject: Offensive POY has to go to Heneghan

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:28:33 11/19/16 Sat

He led the league in passing.

I mean, that's what we were told was the most important thing last year--wasn't it?

[> [> [> [> Subject: come on man

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:41 11/19/16 Sat

GG I love you bc of your dedication to D football but seriously "On again" Heneghan has had a pretty good yr for a first yr starter but way too many INT's "Gotta" Lovett wins the award going away

Now if Hagdorn doesn't win ROY I will be surprised annoyed and way disappointed especially since his dad probably has the best white haired semi balding ponytail I have seen in awhile. I am thinking about adopting the look, except my mostly blond locks are still flowing

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: That's EXACTLY what we were told last year

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:09 11/19/16 Sat

To justify Hosch over Williams.

"He led the league in passing!"

Author:
Tiger81
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:27:47 11/20/16 Sun

Beautiful day in Princeton and an outstanding performance in the second half by the Tigers on D, O and special teams. At halftime it seemed like this could be a much closer game than expected. Although the final drive of the half was encouraging, there have been very few times this year when Princeton did not get a TD when they have had the ball within 5 yards of the goal line.

But everything clicked in the second half when both lines finally asserted themselves. This was a true team win, but it all started with the run defense and pass rush in my opinion. After halftime, Dartmouth was unable to get anything going because of the D-line's play. On O, both the running and passing games kept the Big Green off balance and it was especially fun to see AJ Glass step in for Rhatigan and run so hard all game. This was a team with many weapons; Lovett has received a lot of attention, and deservedly so, but Coaches Surace, Perry, Verbit and Salgado built a deep, talented and diverse team this year that dominated every Ivy team they played except for the first halves yesterday and against Harvard.

Congrats to the coaching staff and players and thanks for one of the best seasons we have seen from the Tiger football team!

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.