VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Brown Columbia

Author:
Brown Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:16:31 11/19/16 Sat
In reply to: Grin 's message, "Brown Columbia" on 16:04:22 11/19/16 Sat

I disagree, Grin. I saw a lot of positives for Brown this year, particularly given the playmakers and speed in the freshman class. Unlike past years, Brown played the freshmen and didn't suffer from a lack of team speed.

Today, Columbia's defense was terrific. In contrast, Browns offense struggled, particularly after Linta was hurt. Brown almost pulled to within 4 points in the 4th quarter, but for the imperfect pass that was just missed by Doles in the end zone.

Duncan has great feet, but it is unclear whether he is tall enough or has a strong enough arm to be a top Ivy qb. Certainly, he would require a different type of offense than Linta.

I'm hopeful for the future, particularly based on the freshman class, which filled the needs (particularly speed) that concerned Brown fans for a while. If Linta can turn into a quality qb, we should have a competitive team next year and an very good team in two years (I think Linta has 2 years of eligibility left).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Brown Columbia

Author:
Grin (Brown Fan)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:07:12 11/19/16 Sat

The problem is, all the other teams are getting better. Brown has good freshman talent, but so do the other teams. I can never remember a time when there was so much freshman talent. As for Brown's future, I wish I could be as optimistic as you. Brown hasn't had a winning season in three years and has not won a championship since 2008. Since 2008 Estes' record has been average at best. I must say that this year he was more flexible than he has been in many years. But I just think an injection of new blood is needed. When coaches have been around a long time, they tend to get stale and predictable. It has happened to the best and I now see it happening to Estes. Perhaps I am wrong, but it has been a long time since Brown was a contender. Here is hoping I am wrong.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.