VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Looking To Next Season

Author:
Tiger81
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:05:08 11/21/16 Mon
In reply to: Former Penn Dad 's message, "Looking To Next Season" on 21:59:26 11/20/16 Sun

I think Princeton will be good again next year, especially at RB (Volker and Quigley) with most of the OL and with Lovett back. It will be interesting to see if they stick with the two-headed monster approach at QB with Kevin Davidson as the designate thrower. Kanoff and the three senior receivers and TE will be missed but Horsted is outstanding and several other underclassmen played a lot this year and had some good moments (Bech, Adomitis, Parkinson).

On defense, Schlossberg, Catarius, Hylton, Paige, Wolff, Williams, Jones, Olson, Huffman and Gales will leave a huge hole. But the Tigers rotated a lot of players this year and with Holuba, Desire and Fossatti back and Tyler, Floyd, Wagner and Bryant and others playing bigger roles, they should still be very good although perhaps not the dominant unit they were this year. There are also several players on the roster who came in with great expectations (Rudinski and Lane to name just two), I don't know it has been injuries or slow development that have kept them off the field.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: Looking To Next Season

Author:
M3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:57 11/21/16 Mon

Kanoff will be back next year (medical red shirt).

Offense should be good.
Defense will be the challenge .

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Looking To Next Season

Author:
Tiger81
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:44 11/21/16 Mon

I know Kanoff is eligible to play another year if he does not attend school in the spring 2017 term - is it confirmed that he is going to exercise that option?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Looking To Next Season

Author:
HDallmar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:20:14 11/21/16 Mon

Princeton faces a real rebuilding job on defense. Tigers lose their top five tacklers plus 3 of 4 defensive backs.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Looking To Next Season

Author:
jerrylh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:08 11/22/16 Tue

Are you saying that Holuba and Desiree weren't in the top 5 tacklers?? I suspect that Catarius was in that group, but Fosatti was practically as good and will most likely be better next near (probably all-ivy). They had a lot of depth on defense and played many different players which is why the second half was where Princeton excelled.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Looking To Next Season

Author:
M3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:33:47 11/21/16 Mon

My source, who works with the team and is quite reliable, says yes.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.