VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: I don't have numbers, but...

Author:
Go Green
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:20:16 11/22/16 Tue
In reply to: Diogenes 's message, "Re: quick post season observation" on 14:02:38 11/22/16 Tue

Just from watching the team, I'm guessing that our turnovers lost was about the same in 2016 and 2015. We probably threw more interceptions in 2016, but that's because we passed more. We had fewer fumbles lost, but again, I don't think we ran as much.

On defense, I'm guessing we had significantly less takeaways (both fumbles and interceptions). Playing inexperienced guys will do that. Only Orimolde looked like he was affirmatively trying to create turnovers. Hopefully the guys next year will know enough about what they are doing so they can likewise think about stripping the ball rather than just getting the runner down.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Should also add

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:34 11/22/16 Tue

That we had plenty of "mistakes." But they were more along the lines of penalties, blown assignments, and dropped passes.

Those "mistakes" cost us games. Turnovers really didn't--unless you believe that our lack of creating turnovers hurt us (and a case can be made for that).

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.