VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Fire in the Woods?

Author:
Hanover Plain
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:17:36 11/22/16 Tue
In reply to: holtsledge 's message, "Fire in the Woods?" on 20:00:56 11/22/16 Tue

You guys are nuts. There needs to be accountability everywhere and some of these changes were overdue. I credit Buddy for making some tough decisions to keep the program moving forward.

Trolls, second guessers and back benchers indeed. Try gathering s few facts first.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: Fire in the Woods?

Author:
Semper Cornellian (Facts and Opinion)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:23:02 11/27/16 Sun

Fact: Back in September, I accurately predicted a struggle for the Big Green this year. Plain vehemently(and wrongly) disagreed.

Fact: The team did struggle,finishing last.

Fact: Back in September, I raised questions about character issues with the Dartmouth HC of Football. Plain was indignant.

Fact: HC of Football blamed his assistants (and fired them) for the disappointing season..

Fact: Hanover Plain routinely engages in name calling of others in this forum.

Opinion: Blaming his assistants after a losing season is a poor reflection on HC's character. Calling people names in an anonymous forum is less than courageous and reflects poorly on Plain's character. ... I'm seeing a pattern in Hanover.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Fire in the Woods?

Author:
Hanover Plain
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:55:30 11/27/16 Sun

Since I have posted only 3 or 4 times on the Forum this fall--and never in response to your particular posts--I would urge you again to look at "facts". You are quite Trump-like in just making it all up as you go. Or perhaps, to your benefit, you are confusing me with someone else. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it is that. But I have not responded to any posts on team character, etc on this blog. Facts are stubborn things.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Fire in the Woods?

Author:
Hanover Plain
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:52 11/27/16 Sun

And please cite one example of "name calling." Just one.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Fire in the Woods?

Author:
Semper Cornellian (More Facts for Plain)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:58:18 11/28/16 Mon

3 months ago I questioned the strength of the this year's Dartmouth squad relative to last's. I cited a JV loss to Williams three years ago, along with recent struggles in the Harvard scrimmage as indicators that the Senior class was not a strong one.I made a reasonable prediction based on pretty fair backup.

You replied with an emotional rant about more recent 40pt JV drubbings of Williams, along with your prediction of continuing title contention by the big green.

In hindsight, I was correct. You were not.

Regarding your request for one example of your name calling, I offer four:
11/22 post by Plain: "Trolls, Second Guessers, Back Benchers"
11/27 post by Plain: "..you are Trumplike"

You are entitled to facts...but not your own facts.

[> [> [> [> Subject: If you don't mind my asking...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:20:17 11/28/16 Mon

Has Archer retained all of his assistants from his hiring?

If not, what happened?

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Honestly...

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:04 11/28/16 Mon

I feel awful for the assistants and hope they end up on their feet somewhere.

But coaching is a nasty business. When the team underperforms, stuff like this happens.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/ucla-fires-offensive-coordinator-kennedy-polamalu-210101330.html

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.