VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: BTW

Author:
holtsledge
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:26:31 11/24/16 Thu
In reply to: An Observer 's message, "Holtsie Settling in For Darien-New Canaan" on 23:13:09 11/21/16 Mon

The fact that they limited ticket sales to 4700 was a huge mistake IMHO. Instead of a 2-3 deep crowd ringing the field it was very spotty and I could even see empty seats on the Darien side. I'm not quite sure why the powers that be wouldn't want another 1-2000 people at 10 bucks a pop. I would have gone for sure instead I had to watch on computer

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:16:04 12/01/16 Thu

I think this might be somewhat comparable to Time and Newsweek magazines putting Bruce Springsteen on their covers the same week in 1975. The two most popular websites covering high school sports in Connecticut ran these two stories in the same week. There is some discussion in the comments section about whether Darien-New Canaan is more like The Game: Michigan-Ohio State or The Game: Harvard-Yale.

http://www.gametimect.com/football-annual-darien-new-new-canaan-turkey-bowl-now-ct-rivalry-without-peer-video/

http://www.therudenreport.com/seems-darien-new-canaan-rivalry-sits-alone-state-penthouse/

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:54:27 12/01/16 Thu

As I say, some high school contests may generate more interest than ivy games.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:21 12/01/16 Thu

Many Calvin but not necessarily in Ct. In Texas they can draw 30,000 at an important high school game.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:41:12 12/01/16 Thu

But they don't have Grey Poupon in Texas.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
AsiaSunset
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:07 12/01/16 Thu

They like hot sauce

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:38:44 12/01/16 Thu

Harvard sent Jill Stein to Texas to pass the Grey Poupon. In return, she received fewer votes than a good high school football game.

Actually, Jill Stein's highest and best use would be as the Director of Ivy League Recounts. Think of all which needs to be recounted: football attendance figures; dropped passes; false starts; the Academic Index; the percentage of students attending games etc.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:50:41 12/01/16 Thu

If you're serious about keeping her busy, have her track down the millions of illegal voters Trump claims kept him from winning the popular vote.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
Diogenes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:17 12/01/16 Thu

Jill Stein, Harvard B.A./M.D., Director of Ivy League Recounts, will find them and give them all a hand recount.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:34:21 12/01/16 Thu

This being a family site, I cannot give that setup the follow-up line for which it begs.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: 'Cause Tramps Like Us, Baby, We Were Born To Run

Author:
Diogenes (Calvin)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:34:15 12/01/16 Thu

I was relying on your discretion.

[> [> Subject: Hey An Observer

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:51:33 12/01/16 Thu

you must be a local Fairfield county guy because you are familiar with both teams and obviously follow the action closely. I would love to get together and discuss local football, if interested we can use BW as a go between

I think the kid to keep an eye on over the next 3 yrs is Pyne, although a good friend of mine's kid is soph OT and just starting to grow into his big body and hopefully is Stueber clone because he is only 15 and is already 6'5 250, got some mop up varsity time this year backing up Stueber

Only problem is I am only around until the 13th then headed south via ATL to see granddaughter then on to Foehiland

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Hey An Observer

Author:
NCRAM86
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:46 12/02/16 Fri

New Canaan (10-1) will now take on No. 6 Notre Dame-West Haven (8-3) in the semifinals at 6:30 p.m., Monday, Dec. 5, at Dunning Field.
GO RAMS! I will be there!

RAMS bracket. I'd love to beat undefeated Windsor!

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/pno_hn9iEea-8KA2nzwbTA/pno_qX9iEea-8KA2nzwbTA/football-fall-16/2016-connecticut-high-school-football-playoff-brackets--ciac--class-l.htm

Waves bracket. I would like to see you play Shelton.

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/pno_hn9iEea-8KA2nzwbTA/pno_jH9iEea-8KA2nzwbTA/football-fall-16/2016-connecticut-high-school-football-playoff-brackets--ciac--class-ll.htm

[> [> [> [> Subject: I feel pretty confident

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:58:01 12/02/16 Fri

that both teams will run the table unless a key injury happens to either QB. I am exited to watch the NC kid develop over the next few yrs

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Hey An Observer

Author:
An Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:14:46 12/02/16 Fri

Holtsie, thank you so much for reaching out. I've more than once thought that you (and a few other posters here) would be great fun to meet over a beer. I've got to think through whether I want to pierce the veil of anonymity. Anyway, in the immediate future, it's an academic issue as I am out of town until you take off for Foehiland. So enjoy the rest of the Connecticut playoffs and then put on your sunscreen!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Hey An Observer

Author:
L et V
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:27:45 12/02/16 Fri

Watch it "an Observer."
You've already revealed too much about yourself. Only lawyers pierce veils. You've reduced the number of suspects to somewhere around one million.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: I don't know

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:39:25 12/02/16 Fri

I'm fairly certain this was intended to induce piercing, with no lawyers on the horizon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zK2ku2l77E

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: I don't know

Author:
L et V
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:10 12/02/16 Fri

A much improved horizon. By the way, should we send out an APB for O and his friend or alter ego, Pilgrim?

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: "...only lawyers pierce veils..."

Author:
Jack Hatfield
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:56:34 01/19/17 Thu

Holtsie is reported to have rocked the casbah and pierced many veils on a trip to Algiers in his youth...

[> [> [> Subject: well

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:52 12/02/16 Fri

I will be back in late Jan for a couple of weeks bc I am still yo yoing back and forth

I have met several of the posters here and others I communicate through e mail go for it it

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.