VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: most impressive

Author:
holtsledge
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:55:54 11/26/16 Sat
In reply to: sparman 's message, "Re: Princeton Commit" on 09:24:43 11/26/16 Sat

probably is Dartmouth :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: And

Author:
sparman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:16 11/26/16 Sat

Dartmouth loses again, but they're not alone :)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> [> Subject: I'm sure this guy will be a fine player

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:05 11/26/16 Sat

That being said, if any freshman receiver gets playing time next year for Dartmouth, he would have to be a REAL stud, or we would have to suffer numerous injuries.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: I'm sure this guy will be a fine player

Author:
Amoney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:01:54 12/02/16 Fri

Well stated GG, but be careful what you wish for. D had a freshman reliever this year, IL/ROY. BT hyped as highly recruited (real Stud?); was featured receiver on the roster; and lead the corp in catches, yards and targets. Stats of 100+ in three games all loses, scored one TD in 10 games with one long ball catch. D had a very capable group of receivers this season and for BT to favor the freshman is puzzling. Bet if BT could have a 'do-over' he'd get more production from the other 4/5 ball catchers because the talent was there. If he doesn't, next season could be a repeat of this one.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: the kid

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:25:09 12/02/16 Fri

played great, yeah he dropped a few but he was the best frosh WR by far in the league by a lot. I'll take it no regrets and with a little luck he might even turn into an "Elementary My Dear" in a yr or two.

Let us all take a deep breath before we start hyperventilating over the next incoming class. The silly season is about to begin and according to the Gospel as written by Wood Penn is big time in the lead
http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.com/

dang it Foehi I want odds next yr

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: the kid

Author:
Amoney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:52:36 12/02/16 Fri

So you believe, as it appears BT does, that the freshman is the best receiver on the D roster ??

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Define "best"

Author:
Go Green
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:38 12/03/16 Sat

He had the most talent/upside of anyone on the roster. He had a few BCS scholarship offers in high school before (thankfully) choosing Dartmouth.

Yes, drops were an issue. Hopefully that gets worked out with experience.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Not sure

Author:
holtsledge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:15:35 12/03/16 Sat

a case could be made for "With" Drew Hunnicut, thrown in Emory "board" Thompson, Charles "in charge" Mack, Emmanuel "De" Soto, Zach "Connie" Hawkins, "Bob" Dylan Mellor, and a few others and you can see why (god forgive me) I am highly touting the WR corps. We also have a solid trio of rb's in Myles "Standish" Smith , the Canadian Cowboy Ryder "on the" Stone, and Rashaad "DB" Cooper, along with two good TE's in Johnston and Skaff. If "on again" Henneghan cuts down on his int's the biggest hole to fill will be finding a replacement for all NE RT Dave "van" Morrison

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Not sure

Author:
Amoney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:49:26 12/03/16 Sat

No forgiveness necessary ... you're right on! BT got good production from Hunnicutt, Thompson, Mack, and Skaff. They were pretty dependable in clutch situations with some tough catches. I'm convinced if BT/QB had targeted them more and used the freshman, especially on key downs, to decoy/spread the defense D would have won the close games. Hoping the new OC will recognize the talent and potential in this group, as I believe you and I do.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: I'm sure this guy will be a fine player

Author:
Old Lion (WRs)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:20 12/03/16 Sat

The two Columbia freshman WRs, Wainwright and Smith, were by the end of the year an outstanding combination. Wainwright missed store games due to injury. But by the end of the year he was back at full speed and very hard to cover. Likewise Smith broke out on the middle of the year and had a few monster games. So going into next season I would expect them to be one of the best WR combinations in the IL.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.