VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Army Bowl Bound

Author:
Eastern Sports Fan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 15:56:08 12/05/16 Mon
In reply to: Son of Eli 's message, "Army Bowl Bound" on 12:13:34 12/05/16 Mon

Agree with concept. Would do no harm academically or otherwise to start season one week earlier and plug in non-league contest in week 4 or 5 as an 11th game subject to NCAA recognition of bowl game count to interest FBS teams. Of course, devil is in the details with scheduling. And it makes no sense to play an FBS game in an opener unless you just want some guarantee cash and a lot of injuries.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Missing the point?

Author:
voy vey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:17 12/05/16 Mon

The original post wasn't talking about Ivies PLAYING IN BOWLS, yet many of the responses seem to be referencing that.

The OP suggested that the Ivies seek approval to have games against them count for FBS team's bowl eligibility. And I wholeheartedly agree.

At the very least, games against Ivy teams should count in the event that two FCS wins are needed to qualify an FBS team for eligibility. That would be a small but measurable first step.

I know it won't happen, so it's mostly off-season discussion fodder, but the original point remains: how does beating Morgan State make an FBS team more "bowl-worthy" than beating an Ivy?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Missing the point?

Author:
Calvin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:09:46 12/05/16 Mon

I understood, but I figured if it's OK to turn every thread into a comparison of Dartmouth 4th string freshmen WRs, then this response was pretty much right down Broadway.

[> [> Subject: Re: Ivies Playing in Bowls

Author:
Randy California
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:58:50 12/05/16 Mon

One year ago, Yale's AD went on record supporting a bowl for the Ivy League.

Although San Diego recently enjoyed a first round playoff win, I think the Pioneer would prefer a non-scholarship championship over the playoffs. That means a game against the Ivy winner.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the USD-Princeton game. Sept 16 may have more that one Ivy-PFL match.

[> [> [> Subject: A New Gridiron Classic

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:27:04 12/05/16 Mon

From 2006-2009 the Pioneer League champion played the NEC champion played each other in the "Gridiron Classic." I would prefer for the Ivy League to participate in the FCS playoffs, but a new Gridiron Classic pitting the Ivy League champs against the Patriot League champs would be better than no post season. San Diego, Dayton and Drake are all good programs and the latter two have proud football histories that rival some of the Ivies.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: A New Gridiron Classic

Author:
Son of Eli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:42 12/05/16 Mon

I meant the Pioneer League Champs, not the Patriot League champs.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.